Skip to main content

Why are my 2 boards view only, not allowing me to edit the only two boards I have created & own? I used to be able to edit & add to them just within the last few months. I have invited many people to the board & they are all view only. Why the heck am I view only though?

This was also created with an email I no longer use or have, but I can’t change the email to my correct email because I registered that email in another Miro account because I was having issues with this one. I shared these boards to my other account and am able to edit in that one but somehow not in this one. That makes NO sense. It also keeps saying I need to upgrade & can only use 3 boards in edit mode, but I ONLY HAVE TWO, and it won’t even let me use them. It also won’t let me duplicate them into another board because of the three board limit. Why the heck are all these stupid and false limitations happening in the free version, when it’s not even reflective of the truth?

I am the creator & administrator of these boards yet have ZERO power to use, edit, or control them. This is absolutely bogus. How do I fix this?

Also, I can’t even embed a Miro board into Notion, because it says I need to login to view it, but the settings of the board is open to all. I’ve also clicked the display button and logged in several times just for it to never show the board inside notion anyway. Miro is useless. 

@Miguel Thorpe - This sounds frustrating, indeed.

To clarify (for you and all readers), the Free Plan team only allows supports that the 3 created boards for the entire team be editable, and not three boards for each team member.

That being said, I would ask that you confirm that your dashboard set to show all boards? For example:

Hi @Miguel Thorpe 

Thanks for reaching out. I understand your frustration.

Please note that on the Free plan, only the 3 most recently created boards in your team are available for editing and collaboration. If your team has surpassed this limit, it can affect your access to editing your own boards. Keep in mind that this 3-board limit applies per team, not per individual profile.

Once your team exceeds the limit, the remaining boards are set to view-only mode. To regain editing access, you can either delete unnecessary active boards (or ask other team members to delete theirs) or create duplicates of your view-only boards by duplicating them.

Learn more here: create copies of inactive boards | Free plan

It is also recommended to check @Robert Johnson’s suggestion in checking the dashboard filter. Please ensure that it is set to owned by anyone so you can have the full view of your team’s boards.

As for the Notion issue, here’s what I got from Notion’s website on how to embed Miro board into Notion:

• Paste any Miro link into Notion, then select Embed Miro board. You can also type /miro into a Notion page - a field will come up that allows you to paste Miro links

• Ensure your Miro board has the right access permissions before embedding it into Notion. Only signed in users with permissions can access the board. Alternatively, you can make the Miro board available to anyone with the link in Miro’s Share menu

If this still does not work, we want to help you fix this. Could you please share a short video demonstrating what you are experiencing when embedding Miro board? This could help us greatly in investigating your case.

We’ll be waiting for your response!