Board names in links

• 25 August 2023
  • 2 replies

I create a lot of boards and we link them on other boards and in other applications, however all the miro links only have a number unless we embed that particular board. 

I’d like to have the names not numbers as otherwise it’s easy to miss outdated links currently the boards just come up with miro.com/app/board then a mix of letters and numbers, can this be changed to the board name? E.g. miro/com/app/board/OMCARTPI20?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Rhian Beer - It sounds like you are asking Miro to make a change. Requests like these are should be submitted through a post in the Wish List category - you can learn more about this here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know.

However, before you submit a request, please consider the following:

• The current board link structure contains a unique board Id to keep boards, well, unique. In your example of “miro/com/app/board/OMCARTPI20”, there is nothing to stop anyone from creating a board with the same name.
  • To account for the last point, Miro would need to include another identifier in the board link to identify where the board is, e.g., a Team Id. However, so would create even more issues, e.g.:
    • Someone trying to create a board of the same name, in the same team.
    • Currently, when you move a board between teams, the board Id doesn’t have to change. But if it had a team Id in the name, that would have to change.

Can you give an example of what you mean by ”it’s easy to miss outdated links”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update: I see that @Rhian Beer already created a Wish List post: https://community.miro.com/ideas/link-names-not-numbers-14330