Skip to main content
Question

Board is locked (on a free plan)

• 10 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Dears,

I am on a free plan (testing the product with one of my coachees) and I had created an interactive board to work with her on a number of tools. Since she subscribed to MIRO and joined the three tutorial boards, the system has locked the one and only platform we were in need to work together.

Now the only option seems to upgrade my profile to paying profile, an option I am not yet ready to adopt. 

If I understand correctly, the fact that my client has subscribed to and interacted with the three initial tutorial boards has automatically blocked the one we created to work together and test the platform. I don't think it's correct to consider subscriptions even for those made on tutorial boards.

Could you help me unlock my project so that I can continue to use it without having to resort to an upgrade? Also, because in this case, I would simply be forced to abandon the platform.

Thank you 

SF

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Salvatore Farfaglia - With Free Plans, there are two, quite similar scenarios where boards are blocked from being edited: Locked and View-Only (more info below).

my client has subscribed to and interacted with the three initial tutorial boards has automatically blocked the one we created to work together and test the platform

It sounds like some of your boards are VIEW-ONLY. Any boards that are not needed will need to be deleted.

Locked boards

This happens when the team was previously a paid (or trial) subscription and the board was set to private. To unlock the board, follow these steps:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017731453-The-board-is-locked

View-Only boards

If you are over your e-editable board limit, only the last three created boards will be editable and the rest will be view-only. NOTE: This limit is for the entire team, and not each user.

Badge

Dear Robert,

thank you for replying my query. 

Look below

This is my situation. I was the creator and only editor of “project brainstorming”. 

My coachee registered into MIRO and went for tutorials (three boards).

I have upgraded her to a role of “editor” but just for one board.

Since than the board has been blocked. 

This screenshot above is the only option I have so far. 

Any help? 

Spasiba :-)

S.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Salvatore Farfaglia - Thanks for the screenshots.

User “Danielle” will need to delete at least one board in order for your board to become editable again. Or, if you are a Team Admin, you could remove Danielle from the team and delete their boards in the process. 

I guess my question to you is: What is your long-term plan/goal? Are you looking to work from this single Free Plan team with multiple other team members while attempting to only have three editable boards at one time?