Skip to main content
Answered

Blocking account because of sanctions

• 14 August 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi there

My miro account was registered in Russia. But currently I’m not in.

Today I have got mailing about blocking my account after 11 sept.

How I can continue using my acc?

microboard.ru

Количество досок - без ограничений в т.ч. бесплатным пользователям.
Работает очень быстро (попробуйте создать 100 объектов или загрузить текст на 10 страниц и сравните это с другими досками).

Полноценный релиз осенью, всем кто зарегистрируется сейчас дадим приятную скидку на будущие платные тарифы.

Hi @Cyrill Abramov 

I can’t help you, sorry. Hopefully someone with exact answers will chime in.

I would mention, however, that I was working here in Switzerland with a person from Iran. As long as he was here in Switzerland, Miro had no issues. But he could not start Miro from Iran - Miro gave a fairly nice message about not being available FROM that country.

So in the best case -- and again, this is no substitute for a real answer -- you won’t be affected if you are not physically in Russia. 

Or perhaps it’s possible to sign up for an account from outside of Russia, then transfer your boards over?

It will be very interesting to find out more details because presumably many people will be affected.

Cheers, Ken

Hi @Cyrill Abramov 

I can’t help you, sorry. Hopefully someone with exact answers will chime in.

I would mention, however, that I was working here in Switzerland with a person from Iran. As long as he was here in Switzerland, Miro had no issues. But he could not start Miro from Iran - Miro gave a fairly nice message about not being available FROM that country.

So in the best case -- and again, this is no substitute for a real answer -- you won’t be affected if you are not physically in Russia. 

Or perhaps it’s possible to sign up for an account from outside of Russia, then transfer your boards over?

It will be very interesting to find out more details because presumably many people will be affected.

Cheers, Ken

Hi, Ken

I think, I have to transfer all my data to another service. Because someone decided that I can’t use a service by nationality. Miro was nice for my family. Hope, another one would be better.

Cheers

Because someone decided that I can’t use a service by nationality

Can’t use a service by geographic location of registration. Not by nationality. There is a big difference.

Because someone decided that I can’t use a service by nationality

Can’t use a service by geographic location of registration. Not by nationality. There is a big difference.

I should register new account and continue using miro safely?

You can try.

We identified your account registration location by your IP address at registration and recent login IP addresses.

If your new IP address not in prohibited region, everything be allright. 😉

Hi Miro Community,

Here is additional information on this issue: Because we are an EU/US-based company, Miro is required to comply with all EU and US laws and regulations, including sanctions and trade compliance requirements.

Recently, additional sanctions by the EU and US regulators require us to stop providing services to accounts registered in Russia or Belarus, effective 12 September 2024. This impacts a range of users – from enterprise and paid plans, to free plan users. We began notifying users this week via email and in-product notifications. These emails and notifications provide guidance – based on account type – to help you update your account or save your boards and content before the compliance deadline.

Please note that this action only impacts accounts registered within Russia and Belarus. If you’ve been notified and believe there is an error with your account designation, please let Miro support know for assistance. In the meantime, if you have additional questions please reach out to support so our team can better assist you. Thank you!