Skip to main content
Answered

Billing question

• 14 October 2020
  • 3 replies

Does Miro offer a discount for educational institutions, such as Universities? This is not an enterprise licence but a team account for 35 people….?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@C Hack - Miro’s Education Plan is free!

• Students get a 10 person team free for two years and
  • Teachers/educators get a 100 person team free for life.

However, those options require each individual to apply for their own Miro Education Plan team. If you are interested in an account for an institution-wide account, I suspect there would be a discount (there is a a Contact sales link about halfway down the follow page): 

Apply & more info here → https://miro.com/education-whiteboard/

Some more info

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@C Hack - If you do set up an Education Plan team, here are a few posts that I strongly suggest you review which will help you put a strategy in place for limiting the number of boards/projects that everyone on your team will see:

Additionally, before you start inviting students/colleagues to your Education Plan team, I would suggest that you have them all sign up for a Miro account and create their own Free Plan team before you invite them to your team - and during the sign up process, if Miro shows them some existing teams they may want to join (based upon their email address domain), have them skip this and Create a new team:

So, why is all of this important? If they create their new Miro account first, then can have their own Free Plan team where they can have their own team with three editable boards and invite anyone they want to that team, keeping it all separate from your team. However, if they receive your invite link and create their account from that link, they will end up joining your team, but won’t be able to create their own Free Plan team (if they click the Add team “+” icon in their Miro dashboard, they will end up being prompted to choose a paid plan). Just a little something I have learned over my nearly three years of using Miro.

Thank for the speedy feedback - extremely. helpful and much appreciated!