Better placement of sticky note comment

• 14 August 2022
  • 3 replies

The comment icon is placed on the part of the note where you right-clicked. Most of the time, that means it obscures the note text. You then have open the comment and move the line endpoint from the comments box to move the comment icon out of the way by trial and error. It would be better to place the icon in a corner of the note by default.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DoyinO - There may be use cases where the user wants the comment to be where they right clicked, e.g., over a specific word. It is probably easiest for you to right-click on a corner.

An even quicker way to create a comment and place it where you’d like is to use the C hotkey to go into Comment mode, i.e., the cursor will become a comment icon, and then click where you would like the comment to be created.

More Shortcuts and Hotkeys here → https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017731033-Shortcuts-and-hotkeys

I agree that this is still a problem, particularly on stickies and when collaborating with those not use to Miro. The comment obscures so much of the text so much of the time that you have to keep moving them. Even having a function to select stickies and move the comment position in bulk would be useful and time saving but retains the abilities and use cases @Robert Johnson mentions. 

Jumping on this one as we’ve just started to adopt comments as a way to track feedback on a decisions board. I would say that when you select a sticky and then make a comments it shouldn’t ever be dropped in the middle.