Question

Basic shapes can not be inserted in AWS shapes

• 25 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Today, when I try to modify a diagram, I noticed that I can not move an image or a basic shape in other custom shapes, like AWS shapes. This was possible before. 
An example will be add an image inside an AWS VPC shape. When I try it will not add it or if it was on the page will move it back to the original position. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Iustin Timuc - Your issue may be related to this one, e.g., if your shapes have connection lines:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/investigating-arrows-within-a-miro-container-15970

Could you please add a reply to that post, and there is nothing confidential in your example, could you share a screenshot of the objects that you are unable to move into the AWS/diagram shape? Leaving the reply will automatically subscribe you to future replies to the post.

Hi @Robert Johnson, this problem is not related to connection line because even if I create a new board the problem persist. Here is an example:

If I try to move the Github icon, that is an image, over the AWS account shape it will return to this exact position every time. I can not copy it over the AWS shape or move it in any way over it.
This problem is also related to basic shapes like square, text, circle, etc.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Iustin Timuc - The issues appear to be related as the end result is unexpected: The items snap back to their original location.

If you didn't watch the full GIF in the other post, here are both scenarios side by side:

If you haven't reported this to the Miro support team, I would suggest that you add your experience to the other post.