@mention Coordinates

• 27 October 2022
  • 4 replies

I’d like to be able to draw attention to specific zones in a diagram in chat, when I am mentioning an area that I’m working on. It’s particularly difficult on large and complex diagrams with dozens of working zones and multiple collaborators.

Being able to @X,Y or @label in the chat and hotlink that back would be awesome.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Tim St. Clair -

Why not use the “Bring everyone to me” attention management feature to do this - that way, everyone will automatically see what you are looking at or zooming into?

Kiron

@ mentions are persistent in the chat or in comments. If the recipient isn’t online right there and then, no meaning is persisted by ‘bring everyone to me’. In an active diagram that is being worked on, moving someone else while they are drawing something irritates them. I’m looking to draw attention by tagging/labelling/identifying regions. “At (X,Y) we show how this implementation would affect (M,N)”

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Tim St. Clair -

The only suggestion for asynchronous use would be to use the Miro “link to” feature and have a link from a common “landing pad” area to the portion of the board you want to draw attention to. Alternately, use the arrow shape and create a large, brightly colored arrow pointing right to whatever you want :-)

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Yes, the link to an internal object would follow the object should anyone move it while coordinates are fixed.