Are Users with full licenses but have not logged activity actually using MIRO

• 27 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello - 

I am trying to better understand the User Log in our Miro Account. 

We have team members that have full licenses and are members on Miro but when you search using last activity they have no dates by their names. I am just wondering if we are paying for people that are not using the boards. Can they view boards and still show no activity if they did not make any changes. 

Thanks

Sharon

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mach Admin - As you are mentioning logs, I will assume that you are on the Enterprise Plan and are referring to the Audit Logs that are a feature of this plan. If so, have you reviewed the Audit Log Help Center article? (I See mention of “open a board” or “sign in” as being logged.)

If this still doesn’t help, or you don’t receive any helpful replies on the community, you do have the option of opening a Miro support ticket:

More info on contacting Miro support can be found here:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support

HI 

We are not on the Enterprise plan. We are on the Team Plan. This is the Screen that I am asking about. There are team members that show no date in the last activity column. 

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mach Admin - Gotcha. So, I just did a team on a Team Plan team that I am a Team Admin on.

I added a user:

Then I set the Share settings of a board that I am the owner of so that the rest of the can only view it:

Then I opened the board as the new team member and then refreshed the Users page and it showed new activity:

And then I repeated by putting the board in “team access → Can edit”, just in case the “Can view” was producing behaviour different from if the user just opened an editable board and left it and the results were the same - it showed activity.

And I did one last test of creating a new board as this new user and as soon as did that there was activity showing. And the same when I then deleted the board.

So, it would appear that these individuals have not signed in and accessed any boards.

The only scenario I could see where they still contributed to a board is is they were not signed in and the board owner set the Share settings to Anyone with the link → Can edit, in which case they don’t need a paid seat to do this.