Alignment

• 8 July 2020
  • 8 replies

It would be nice to be more easily align things. Being able to multi select shapes and align them 

8 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

There is an align-option already, in the menu when you select several items. Is this what you’re looking for?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Randy Kendel - Another way to quickly align objects is with with the Auto Layout tool. First, you can quickly multi-select using the Shift + drag shortcut:

This doesn’t work with Shapes - any idea on how to do it? If it is not possible, can someone add it as a roadmap item?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paulo Arnaldo -

Which shapes are you referring to as it is working for me:

Kiron

I found the issue @Kiron Bondale - the shapes are inside a Table, and in this case, it doesn’t allow such type of manipulation.

I need to remove the Shapes out of the Table, manipulate them, and get them back into the table.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paulo Arnaldo -

That makes sense. The grid object has lots of great capabilities but it also overrides some of the default behavior of the objects which you drop into its cells. Locking is one example of this, so I’m not surprised that alignment would also be affected.

Kiron

I understand @Kiron Bondale , but I can’t agree. In the end, this is a manipulation of only a specific sub-set (and common) elements within a layer (grid). It shouldn’t change the properties of this subset.

It would be good if we can raise this as a bug or enhancement to Miro’s team, but I have no clue on how to do it. Thoughts?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Paulo Arnaldo -

I believe the Miro team is already aware of this but am tagging @Lena Shenkarenko to confirm…

Kiron