Answered

Align Stickies does not work... I think.

• 30 September 2020
  • 8 replies

Hi there. I have 15 stickies, aligned vertically. I originally imported them from Excel. I want to align them horizontally. To do so I capture all of them by dragging the mouse over them. Then I click on the align tool and select ‘Align horizontally’ and nothing happens. It makes no difference if the stickies are in a frame or not. f I group them then the align tool disappears. Any suggestions on why the align tool is not working? 

Looking forward to hearing from you ...

Tom 

icon

Best answer by Marina 2 October 2020, 08:06

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Tom Venning - The horizontal alignment is working for me, however, it is aligning some over top of the others. Once I select align horizontally, I can then use the Auto Layout feature to show them all:

Auto Layout can also be used on its own to align the stickies:

HI @Robert Johnson … thanks for your reply … yes, that is what I expect to happen… but it doesn’t … It just stubbornly stays in the vertical alignment. :thinking:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Oh my, Tom. It’s early here! haha

Having another look, and then referring to a demo in the Structuring Board Content help article (search for “Aligning in frames”), it looks like someone has mixed up vertically & horizontally, right?

When I repeat the same test as the help article using the option that shows a horizontal line, it does align the stickies on a horizontal plain (but the help text is wrong):

@Marina - If this doesn’t make sense to you either, is there someone you can pass this poset along to?

Sorry … still no good Here is a screen video - on my OneDrive hope you can see it. 

It seems the buttons are simply not working. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi there,

@Robert Johnson, I will let the team know about the article.

@Tom Venning, in the video you seem to just click the Smart Alignment button. Could you please try to click and drag it to change the layout of the stickies as shown in the gif below?

Please let us know how it goes.  

Hi @Marina … You are a HERO! So simple. Thanks for watching my video in detail, thanks for the suggestion, and thanks for bring clarity and functionality into my life. Have a lovely weekend. Tom 

Is there a way to align stickies in a table? The solution works outside of tables, but the smart alignment feature or auto layout doesn’t seem to appear when you’re in a table. Am I missing something?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Katrina Greeves,

Content within tables can't be lockedaligned, and grouped; this is a known limitation listed in the corresponding Help Center article