Adding a link to an object

• 18 January 2021
  • 7 replies

I not able to “link to” a excel. I can “link to” a PDF, but not to a excel sheet. ?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jas -

Can you clarify what you mean by “link”? Do you want to add an actual link from a Miro object to your MS Excel workbook or are you just trying to upload it into your Miro board?

Kiron

I want to create a “link to a excel. like this :

Adding a link to an object

To add a link:

1. Right-click the object to open the context menu, 
  2. Choose Link to (or click Ctrl/Cmd+K),
  3. Insert the URL or click another object on the board that you want to add a link to.

linking.gif

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572354-Internal-and-External-Linking

It’s work for a PDF, but not for a excel (It’s work only for 1 week !?!)

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jas -

As far as I know, external links are to URLs so unless the MS Excel file is available to be opened via a URL, this won’t work. To test it, you can just paste the same URL into a new web browser session and see if it opens.

Kiron

If I try what you suggest me, it work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jas -

can you provide the exact URL you are using so I can see how you are referencing the Excel file?
Kiron

http:///I01770_STATPQ53_Materiels_Embuches.xlsx

It’s on the business server.

If I change by the same URL but with *.PDF, it work.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

That is odd @Jas - I just did a test to a test spreadsheet I hosted on Google Drive which I accessed via a shared link and it works fine when I launch it from a Miro link on a sticky note. I did make the spreadsheet shared by all to avoid any access permissions issues.

Are you getting an error message when you click on the link or does it not even accept the URL you are trying to provide?

Either way, this must be something specific with the location or access permissions to that file. I’d suggest opening a support request with Miro Support here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron