Skip to main content

A sloth has taken over my Miro boards

• 26 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Ok, so it seems, judging by the other related topics that popped up when I entered mine, lagging and freezing is a common Miro board usage issue; uh oh :(

In my situation, the problem has been going on for well over a year. Sadly, as my need increases so too does the lagging; a perfectly good vehicle stuck spinning my wheels in deeper and sloppier mud, eeek!! 

It has been so horrendous at times that I just grab my trusty pen, butchers’ paper and physical sticky notes and madly try doing my job the old fashioned way… which only means having to duplicate my effort all over again using an alternative suite of digital tools because my work processes and clients demand and deserve this.

Occasionally usage will be bearable and I guess it is indicative of my level of patience to have not sought direct support or troubleshooting until now. But I am getting truly fed up. It legit (sic) takes several seconds, sometimes 10’s of seconds for my single click anywhere on the Miro board to do ANYTHING. It makes no difference if I am using a blank board or one filled with content. It makes no difference if Miro is the only program I have running, and it makes no difference if I am using the browser or app versions. 

It does get worse though when I am doing remote user interviews, meetings or the like, using MS Teams. Because I am aware of this I know to have my pen and paper ready, but this cancels out “collaboration” in any kind of interactive, participatory way; rendering the premise of Miro disingenuous.

I was previously using a MacBook Pro and found the lagging wasn’t nearly as bad as it has been since transitioning to a new machine (MS Surface 4 laptop).

Are the rumours actually true that Miro runs very poorly in an Microsoft environment? What updates have been made in regards to this and what and when are improvements expected?

I have contacted my broadband provider to help diagnose and treat lag issues with my internet connectivity to eliminate that possibility. I regularly conduct broadband speed tests and check the activity diagnostics of my PC to ensure my machine is being used optimally for the tasks at hand. I have called in my business’ tech support on numerus occasions, and also experimented time and again with shutting absolutely everything down on my computer with the exception of Miro in the hope it will make a difference. Nope. Nothing has remedied the lagging and freezing.

Is there anyone out there that can shed some light, and hope(!), on my predicament?

1 reply

Exactly.   I posted something about this a few days ago - and heard nothing back.  

A moderator came on and said it was board related.  But we have multiple boards - some with lots of content, some with minimal content - and it’s a problem on all of them.  We’re also in multiple locations on multiple networks - so it's not network related.

I wish Miro would respond.