A member deleted all the work on a board, can I restore it?

• 8 December 2020
  • 1 reply

Hello,

I worked this week for the first time with Miro. I am a teacher and I made some boards with my classes. There are tables on the board for each student on which the he or she posts their work. Today there was a student who accidentally deleted all the tables with the work of all the students. She says it happened because her laptop crashed, and she can’t enter it again and undo. Is there a possibility to go back in the history (I know wicht time everything is deleted) and restore all the items that were on the board? I don’t made a back-up, because I have a free plan to try how Miro works. 

Thank you, I hope someone can help.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Anika -

Unfortunately there is no restore back to a specific point in time capability in Miro - manual backup & restores are your only option and those are only available in the paid plans.

The workaround on the free plan would be copying & pasting content regularly from your “live” board to a second “backup” board while the workshop is underway (using two browser tabs for example).

Locking content and having folks use the setting which only allows them to unlock it is the best alternative to frequent backups.

Kiron