Receive Notifications when @mentioned anywhere in a board

The @mention functionality is not consistent.

When a user is @mentioned in a Comment, they receive an email notification (if setup).

However, if they are mentioned in a chat, they do not. AND, @mentions do not even work outside of Comments or Chats.

When a user is @mentioned in a chat, they are currently not receiving any notifications - email, mobile push, or Slack.

Use Case

Given a user is @mentioned in a chat and they are not actively on the board (or at least the chat windows is not open?)Ā at the time of the @mention, then a notification would beĀ sent to the @mentioned user, e.g., similar to @mentions in Comments.

Here is the Got a question? post that sparked this Wish List post:

https://community.miro.com/got-a-question-ask-the-community-45/atmention-notifications-in-chat-1641

Some links to current documentation regarding @mentions in chats

ThisĀ @Mentioning People on the BoardĀ help article isĀ misleading, specifically where it states,Ā ā€˜you may need to quickly notify someone about the changes youā€™re making. You can do that by simply @mentioning them in a comment or chat.ā€™Ā  I have tested this and no notifications are sent.

Further review led me to this article, which more accurately describes the actual behavior:

TheĀ ChatĀ help article that is linked to from the @Mentioning People on the Board article does do a better job at explaining the current, intendedĀ behavior:

Ā 

I also think this is an essential feature for Miro.Ā  I have set up comments to act as chat groups to work around this

Ā 

Thank you @Robert JohnsonĀ for the Wish List request. I have added my vote. Iā€™m not sure why this would need to be a feature request? It seems like a pretty basic feature to me and why it doesnā€™t exist a year on is beyond me!

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

ETA on this?Ā  @ mentions on the rest of the board (especially cards) are pointless if the users cannot be notified of itā€¦Ā  Cannot expect the people ti just ā€œseeā€ that they were mentioned somehwere on the board...