More Compact Mind Map - Adjustable Spacing / Buffer

The automatic buffer zone around Mind Map items is far too large. It should be possible to both adjust this buffer zone and turn it off completely.

To clarify I’m talking about when you move one Mind Map text box close to another and they automatically move themselves away like two same-pole magnets. That auto-spacing distance should be adjustable down to zero.

I agree, the auto-spacing distance should be adjustable. 

totally- it’s infuriating - makes my map unnecessarily unwieldy. 

I am very frustrated with this issue. I had thought initially that I just had to get into settings to figure out how to change this, but now that I am seeing that I cannot, I think unfortunately this is going to be a deal breaker for me.

I use mindmaps for presentations but also for general thought processing. I work with a lot of ADHD and dyslexic clients so visual information is very helpful, however it needs to be able to be viewed in a compact layout. I prefer Miro over Mural, but the difference wasnt that much and I think I am going to have to change. It appears that this issue has been raised over time by several people, but I cannot see any announced change. 

Making Mindmaps collapsible would probably handle this. That’s how most of them do it. You can progressively close a map starting with the outermost leg until you finally have just the core thought/object.

This is a critical issue for mindmapping which, in my opinion, should be one of (if not THE) most senior type of diagrams in Miro. 

Mindmapping predates so many other types of diagrams.

Miro’s unique selling proposition from my point of view is being able to add OTHER types of diagrams to a mindmap.

That’s because mindmaps are often used to START the process of thinking through something complex. It puts Space between the objects in one’s mind which were previously collapsed on top of each other.

From there you can lead into how more specific things should FLOW, using other types of diagrams.

But if you can’t nail the mindmap part because of a missing mindmapping feature that breaks down the mindmapping process (like this one), the other charts become less valuable because you don’t quite get to the step where you use them. 

In short, all diagrams aren’t ranked the same--at least when it comes to working out new ideas.

That’s how I personally see this.

Upvoting this. I hope it isn't much trouble to give the user access to whatever spacing variable is being used.

Yes please, bump.  This is infuriating to the point of discontinuing use of the mind map.  Even worse than not being able to adjust connector linewidth.

It’s a shame that this ask has been here for more than a year and no one has adjusted this. Is anyone really reading these requests that real user have?

Drum roll 🥁… collapse and expand mind map branches is now LIVE!

Check out the for more details.

I want to personally thank everyone that has commented, voted and shared valuable insights on this topic - thank you. 

This thread will now be closed. Feel free to drop your comments and share your creations with others on the new product news post

Do the following: In the Assets panel under Charts, drag a Button object to the sheet. Click Add action under Actions in the properties panel. Select the action you want to use.

Is it solved (buffer zones between branches)? Or only new function of expanding and hiding branches was added.

This automatic moving of other branches is really annoying.

I can’t see option to turn off it. Can you help?

As far as I see, nothing is solved.

@unmar.ch Why is there a link to outdoorfurniture? And what means “ the Assets panel under Charts”? I don’t see anything the like. 

Thanks for information!

Agree.  This issue renders it 100% unusable in realistic mind-maps.  Spent hours building first one and now have to find alternative solution because of this ridiculous spacing issue.