Image editing reimagined

The way image editing works today is kind of backwards compared to how it usually works:

• Cropping the image is pretty straightforward. You click the crop icon and edit the crop.
  • But what about if you want to keep the size and aspect ratio of the image but change what part of the image is in the visible frame? That’s messy, because the image is “static” within the frame – it’s the actual frame that’s manipulated when changing crop.
  • Replacing a cropped image with another image is when things become really messy
 Because when you do, the new image is automatically cropped and it’s really difficult to edit it the way you want. :dizzy_face:

I would love to have a way of editing images similar to the way it’s handled in Canva or Keynote (or even Power Point), where you can have a specific size of the frame and change what fits into that frame.

This actually seems to have been implemented! 😀When I did some image editing recently, I noticed it had changed to the way it works on Canva, for example.

(it was probably planned for awhile, and I bet the dev team was already working on it when I posted this idea 😇)

@Henrik StĂ„hl, I was working on My multiples Miro board, and I was thinkink about How would it be possible to crop my image with an other shape.. like a slice fonction
 because right now it’s only with the crop as a rectangle / squared shape, but I can’t use the Circle .or more wavy shapes ..and sometimes it would be nice, to do this only in Miro without using other apps ! 

@VĂ©ronique Carbonneau I agree, I would love to have different crop shapes! If it was possible to crop images into circles I'd do that all the time. Would be perfect for profile pics. 👌

Let's create a Wish List idea!

Updated idea statusIdea→Delivered