Add text formatting / markdown to Jira issue descriptions

As a PM / developer / stakeholder, I want to be able to zoom-in on a Jira card and see the description with text formatting / markdown render so that I can get a structured read and clear understanding of the issue detail.

Our team exclusively use Miro for Backlog Refinement and Sprint Planning in the absence of physical whiteboards. Converting stickies to Jira issues is incredibly helpful in our workflow but once the description has been detailed with acceptance criteria, etc. it becomes almost ineligible to read on the working Miro board without markdown rendering.

I would absolutely love this to happen. Same use case – Planning and Refinement

Would love this too – we’re looking at using Miro for roadmaps (made up of Jira epics) and it would be so helpful to see the description clearly 

Would love to have this, and as soon as possible. Having Jira integration is nice, but the integration itself does not add much value without proper formatting.

Markdown support is absolute bare minimum to have a seamless workflow with for instance Jira.

This integration went backwards.  As of the June 2nd release, you can’t even zoom to see the description at all, let alone have it formatted.  Miro support confirms that they have removed the feature.  

+1 We need this as well!
Our teams use Miro for User Story mapping and creates backlog to Jira. Everything works well but formatting disappears. including hyperlinks we added in Miro Cards before export. 

Just a few more details about our use case. And this feature will definitely help us.

We did a User story mapping and prepared nice descriptions for stories with hyperlinks to necessary resources and nice formatting for clear reading.
When we exported stories to Jira (converted them to Jira Cards) all necessary information like links and formatting has disappeared. We got only plane text.

Please fix it to make sure all the information from the Description field (HTML format) moved to the Description field in Jira (HTML format as well).

Supporting the idea to add text formatting or markdown to Jira issue descriptions is truly important. It helps everyone—whether you're a project manager, developer, or stakeholder—to easily understand the issues at hand with clear, structured descriptions.