Skip to main content
don't miss

What's Next with Miro: Introducing the Intelligent Canvas ✨

• 18 July 2024
  • 3 replies
What's Next with Miro: Introducing the Intelligent Canvas ✨

Hey Miro Community,

We’re thrilled to share the exciting highlights from our latest event, "What's Next with Miro." The event was packed with groundbreaking updates and features that will be a siginficant evolution for you and your teams. Here's a glimpse into the future of Miro — and don’t miss your chance to join the waitlist for these new releases!

Our Chief Product and Technology Officer on Miro’s Mission 🌟

Starting in 2011, Miro changed how people work together to build the next big thing by building our own big thing: The canvas. Today, as Jeff Chow, our CPTO, shared there are 70 million users and 230,000 businesses on Miro — and Miro is critical to moving through the phases of discovery, definition, and delivery in solving some of the world’s greatest challenges. 

Introducing the Intelligent Canvas 🧠

The big reveal today was the launch of Miro’s Intelligent Canvas. This is an AI-powered platform designed to help teams ideate, iterate, and deliver faster. Imagine a workspace that not only accommodates your creativity but also enhances it with intelligent features. From summarizing content and creating diagrams to providing feedback and facilitating interactive workflows, the Intelligent Canvas is set to transform team productivity.

A Deep Dive into Intelligent Canvas Features 📋

Jeff detailed the enhanced, inclusive experience of the Intelligent Canvas. He introduced "modes" for specific tasks, starting with a new diagramming mode that includes advanced tools to streamline your creative process. Additionally, the "Spaces" feature was unveiled, allowing teams to organize project content efficiently and providing context for new members joining mid-project.

Elevating Collaboration with Intelligent Widgets 🛠️

The updates didn't stop there. Jeff showcased new intelligent widgets and advanced capabilities like timeline support and multiplayer editors, enhancing the overall canvas experience. Mark Boyes-Smith, Head of Design, Structure & Automation, joined in to discuss the flexibility and collaborative nature of Miro's tools, introducing intelligent widgets that interact contextually with each other to streamline workflows.

Partnering with AWS for Custom Workflows ☁️

We’re excited to be partnering with AWS, resulting in a custom workflow for cloud architects. The AWS Diagramming Shape Pack and cost summary widget are game-changers, providing real-time cost calculations and fostering seamless collaboration right from the canvas.

Composable Workflows Boosted by Intelligent Templates 📑

You’ll be able to compose your own workflows for things like roadmapping, capacity planning, sprint planning, journey mapping, and cloud infrastructure optimization using our new AI and interactive features, as well as integrations with your other work tools.

To support this, we’re launching 12 intelligent templates for common team workflows, such as brainstorming, stakeholder reviews, and sprint planning. These templates are designed to enhance team collaboration and productivity, making it easier for teams to dive straight into their work without missing a beat.

AI: The Heart of the Intelligent Canvas 🤖

From creating user stories and summaries to generating visuals and technical diagrams, AI is set to supercharge every stage of your workflow. For example, AI sidekicks—virtual assistants equipped with specialized knowledge to help your teams succeed.

How the Team Brings It All Together

Taking an example team to demonstrate the new features, you can see how the combination of intelligent templates, spaces, AI sidekicks, diagramming mode, and roadmapping tools supercharges the process. In particular with rituals such as sprint planning, the team can work together seamlessly in a multi-player mode. 

And This Is Just the Beginning 🎉

We’re on the edge of a new era of innovation and collaboration. Stay tuned, stay engaged, and let's continue to transform the way we work together.

Save your seat for our largest event of the year, Canvas 24, happening on October 8, 2024. Let the innovation journey begin 🚀

3 replies

Hey Miro-team, glad to see this update and I am really looking forward to get the “Spaces” features with other impressive tools.

When I click the “Join the waitlist” I get always an 404 page: “Hmm, that didn’t work”

Any ideas?

BR Damian

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

hi @ddessler 

Sorry to hear you had issues. I tried to replicate this and was able to sign up with no issues. (I’m on the Chrome browser). 

Can you try again, and if it doesn’t work, can you tell us more about your setup, please? 

Hey there,

I am experiencing the same issue. Can’t join the waitlist and only see an error page. I tried Chrome and Safari, both produce the same outcome.

Best,

Martin