Mentions updates that'll enhance your collaboration

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hello Miro Community 👋

Knowing who you're collaborating with makes it easier to clarify responsibilities and hold team members accountable. The latest updates to @mentions help you to keep tasks organized and searchable, making it easier to work with and identify team members, and find information when needed.

• In-text mentions — Reference teammates on text-based widgets, including Sticky Notes, Shapes, and Text to keep everyone on the same page.
  • Self mention — Reference yourself with @mentions, providing an easy way to highlight your involvement in a task or conversation.
  • Profile cards — Profile cards help you to quickly identify who you're working with when hovering over @mentioned names.

📚 Visit the Help Center to learn more about @Mentioning people on the board.

💬 Have you tried out these updates yet? We would love to hear your thoughts and experiences in the comments below. Let's keep the conversation going. 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kristin - This is a welcomed update!

My feedback at this time is around @mentions + notifications.

After reviewing the @Mentioning people on the board help center article, I see that users will only receive notifications when they are mentioned in a comment:

My – and surely others – expectation is that @mentions/notifications functionality would be consistent (I don’t want to have to stop and think about what will/will not happen when I @mention someone).

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thank you @Robert Johnson for taking the time to share your feedback, I’ve passed it on to the product team. Keep it coming! 

Hi, i can’t use the feature right now. is it already live?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hmm, yes, @Philipp Holz, I am not seeing this feature in a few teams that I am a member of - they are both Free Plan teams. Note: @mentions still work in Comments.

@Kristin - I don’t see any mention of these new @mention capabilities being limited to specific plans. Is this perhaps a phased rollout?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Philipp Holz and @Robert Johnson, I can confirm that this feature should be available to all users, across all plans. Let me report this to the team to investigate further. I will caveat that in-text mentions are not available from the mobile app (adding to the help article ASAP). Is it only teams on the Free Plan where this issue is happening for you or other plans as well? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kristin - This is happening in Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Miro desktop app - Windows 10 and 11. I also tried logging out/in. But works fine on other teams.

Such an awesome feature! Makes a lot of things easier!

100% agree with @Robert Johnson, it would be amazing if you would be notified for any mentions. 

Thanks! 

I can see I can mention single people but I cannot @board mention or @board-mention does not work for me in text or sticky notes, but only in comments. Is there anything that I’m doing wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I can see I can mention single people but I cannot @board mention or @board-mention does not work for me in text or sticky notes, but only in comments. Is there anything that I’m doing wrong?

I am experiencing this too.

@mentioning from a Comment:

And from the same board, but from a Sticky Note:

@Kristin - Is this a bug or oversight, or expected in a future release? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi, 

Thanks for introducing this feature, this feature is helping us (in compnay) for assigning tasks and assigning sections to Miro users. 

Thanks

Aman  

This is an awesome feature but is there a way to see the mentions?