Create eye-catching diagrams that stand out

Userlevel 6

Visualize information in a clear, structured way with a professional look ― no design-school training needed. Get started with three powerfully simple new tools.

• Callouts help you annotate your diagrams to add important information, without clutter. Guide and inform collaborators, while highlighting elements that need extra attention.

• Swimlanes help you organize complex information and design for clarity as well as accountability. Often used when creating Flowcharts, Business Process Modeling Notation, and Unified Modeling Language diagrams, adding Swimlanes to your diagram can help you to improve the efficiency of your processes and identify waste and inefficiencies.

• Themes help you quickly create diagrams and save time on styling. Design professional-looking diagrams so team members can more easily understand information and flows.

We would love to see examples of your newly created diagrams with Swimlanes, Callouts, and Themes. Share with the Miro Community and help others to get inspired.

Happy diagramming,

Turner 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Turner Pijpers - These are great additions! (And I’m always happy to see when they are available to Free Plan users too 😁👍)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Turner Pijpers I really like the themes feature, will definitely be a timesaver! 👌

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Turner Pijpers - I already need multiple tails for callouts 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Turner Pijpers - I already need multiple tails for callouts 😁

😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Turner Pijpers - It appears that the new callouts cannot have their background colour modified? Am I missing something?!

Additional feedback: I would like to be able to select the tail of a callout without having to select the main callout.

Example - I want to move the tail of this callout to a very specific point and first have to zoom out to select the head of the callout:

Userlevel 6

Hi @Robert Johnson thank you for your feedback, both topics are being worked on. I’ll let you know once we made the updates :) 

Thanks, Turner

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Turner Pijpers - Great news! Can we get multiple tails, too?! 😛

I use this in Snagit quite often to draw attention to multiple UI elements.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @Robert Johnson thank you for your feedback, both topics are being worked on. I’ll let you know once we made the updates :) 

Thanks, Turner

I see we can now modify a callout’s background color - thanks!