• 19 August 2020
  • 52 replies

Userlevel 4

[SEP, 30. UPD] 

Hi there, 

We’ve released a new Desktop App version to everyone :tada:  

Here’s a full list of improvements:

⚡️Main updates

• Users can FINALLY open board links (e.g. the ones shared with them on Slack) right in the desktop app.
  • Spell checker is now available
  • It’s possible to paste images right from the clipboard

🍬Other enhancements

• The app now uses up to 40% less RAM & supports Chinese, Korean, Japanese & Vietnamese languages

🐛Bug fixes

• SSO authorization now works in 100% cases
  • Users don’t get randomly logged out anymore
  • Keyboard shortcuts now work on boards as well as the dashboard
  • Before, when users updated the app, in some cases it could get stuck in the infinite update loop. We fixed it! 

Install links: MacOSWindows x64Windows x86

And please share your feedback about the new version in the comments below. Thanks! 

Read the old post here :arrow_down::wink:

Hi everyone! 

We need your help in beta-testing of the new Miro Desktop app version.

It is more stable, secure, and uses less RAM (it's reduced by 40% in some cases). We've also fixed different bugs with SSO authorization, updating flow, random logouts, and many more.

Since there are a lot of devices and OS versions, there can be tricky moments on some of them. That's why we need your help!

Please install the new version via the link below.
Install links: MacOSWindows x64Windows x86

And please share your feedback about the new version on this thread. Thanks! 

52 replies

• Users can FINALLY open board links (e.g. the ones shared with them on Slack) right in the desktop app.

This feature is broken for me and my colleagues. I'm wondering what changed :( The issue is that clicking links of Miro boards no longer open in the Microsoft Miro application. (version 0.4.6 64-bit). Hope you can help :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Holy shirtballs! I was just working in the Miro desktop app (Windows 64-bit, v0.5.2) and when I right-clicked on a word that spell check highlighted as being misspelled a list of suggestions appeared!