Windows app drawing latency

• 23 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi All,

I’ve been using Miro for a while on my Mac / iPad combination and have had zero issues with it.

My original setup was use the Mac laptop viewing a Miro board and share that into a meeting, whilst using my iPad to actually do the drawing (I couldn’t draw directly onto my mac screen). Performance on the iPad was perfect, albeit with the occasional network dropout.

I’ve recently migrated to a windows machine and have connected a touchscreen monitor so I can draw directly on the screen (rather than using the iPad as a secondary device). I’ve noticed that using the Miro app on windows adds a fair amount of latency for me (viewers have the same experience as previously as this is still being shared via a meeting which adds it’s own latency).

Issue: When drawing via the Miro app (downloaded directly from Miro.com, not via MS Shop) I experience drawing latency of about 500ms. This makes it difficult to draw accurately and if I’m writing, means a lot of the letters become malformed.

I tested using Miro via a browser and experience little to no latency (it was noticeably better), although the web interface gesture recognition was not great.

I’ve also tested using the MS Whiteboard app (just to rule out my local machine) and that worked perfectly (although it is not nearly as featured, so don’t want to use it).

I’ve seen multiple forum posts over the last year complaining of windows app performance issues, but either haven’t seen them resolved, or, the resolution was not related to my situation (other fixes were to use the downloaded app instead of web browser, or to use the app downloaded directly from Miro rather than the MS Shop).

For reference my computer specs are (although I suspect these are not the issue):

Windows 10 64bit

Intel i7-11800 CPU

32gb RAM

Nvidia Geforce 3080 RTX 16gb

using a Wacom 24in Cintiq pro for input.

Happy to provide other info as needed, but would love some assistance if anyone is able to help?

Thank you

Joel

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@skepperj -

I’d suggest recording a Loom (or similar) video of this and then open a Miro support request for this latency issue providing them a link to that video to help them troubleshoot it with you: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

@skepperj -

I’d suggest recording a Loom (or similar) video of this and then open a Miro support request for this latency issue providing them a link to that video to help them troubleshoot it with you: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

Will do! Thanks for the response @Kiron Bondale !