The same start view for all

• 24 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Hello, Miro community!

I want to have the same start view for all users who visit the board, regardless whether I’m on the board at the time or not. I also don’t want the start view to change for the users, another words start at the same place every time.

Is there a way to do that? 

Thank you in advance!

Olga

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Olga Lilke -

Unfortunately not. While you can set a default start view, once they have accessed the board and moved to a different location on it, that will be where they start the next time.

The only workaround would be to have the very first frame in your board be your starting position and teach users to use the Frames panel to navigate to that first frame.

Kiron

@Olga Lilke -

Unfortunately not. While you can set a default start view, once they have accessed the board and moved to a different location on it, that will be where they start the next time.

The only workaround would be to have the very first frame in your board be your starting position and teach users to use the Frames panel to navigate to that first frame.

Kiron

Thank you, Kiron. Disappointing, but understood.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Olga Lilke -  A few more workarounds for you.

Link to object on the board

You could use the internal linking feature to get a link to a specific object on a board and, if feasible, always have your participants use that link to access the board.

For example, this link will always take you to the same frame:

https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVMIYpwT4=/?moveToWidget=3458764555346360954&cot=14

This approach could work well if participants were only using a link from an email, Jira card, Confluence page, SharePoint, etc.

Note: If you are not using frames, you could use a transparent shape and link to that.

Visual Notes panel

You could also put the same link in the Visual Notes panel and pin it open (which I have done in the same board).

Robert - great suggestion. doesn’t resolve the issue entirely, but definitely helpful. Thank you so much! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Robert - great suggestion. doesn’t resolve the issue entirely, but definitely helpful. Thank you so much!

You're welcome! Yes, not resolutions - just workarounds.