Miroverse x Pip Decks Challenge: Workshop Toolkit

Miroverse x Pip Decks Challenge: Workshop Toolkit
Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Miro Community 😍 DEADLINE EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 12

Have you heard about Pip Decks? Pip Decks publishes card decks that contain everything you’d ever need to confidently lead your team 🙌

Their first deck Workshop Tactics is a curated list of the best agile and design-thinking workshop techniques to help consultants, managers, professors, designers, engineers, managers, and CEOs…. Because no one wants to run a bad meeting 🤓

They also have various Miro templates to accompany their decks. So we decided to collaborate and invite our amazing communities to co-create with us! 🎉🎊

🧐 What are the core techniques that are fundamental to facilitating a successful workshop? 

✍️ We invite you to create a template that includes the essentials to run a workshop:

• Make it fun and tidy, something that every facilitator wants to have easy access to

💡 For inspiration, see top Workshop Tactics cards Charles (founder of Pip Decks) can’t live without 

Challenge details

:calendar:  Timing

• Submission period: July 20- September 12

• Voting & judging: September 13-19

• Winners announced: September 20

:ballot_box:  Voting & judging

• Judges' Choice will be awarded by our panel of expert judges. Submissions are judged on their ease of use, layout, and that special fun factor.

• People’s Choice award will be based on top likes under the comment here in the online community. Make sure to vote for your favourite template by September19 ☝️

:gift:  Prizes

• Judges’ Choice - Workshop Tactics + Storyteller Tactics Bundle (Physical Deck + Digital + Vault), Cool Miro swag box + a chance to present your work at a Miroverse event

• People’s Choice - Workshop Tactics (Physical Deck + Digital + Vault) + a personal feedback session on your templates with the Miroverse team

• Winners will be featured on Miroverse and in a roundup Pip Decks Blog

How to Participate

:pencil:  To enter, please add a comment to this thread with the following details:

• Your full name

• Role and company

• Miro board embedded with your template (with view access)

• Instructions on how to use the template

• Optional: 1–3 minute video overview of your template

:warning:  Entry requirements

• Your template must be in English, and have been created and designed using Miro

• Your template must be newly created or not published on Miroverse earlier

• All information must belong to you, the board owner (We will reject all submissions containing copyright-protected content on board.)

• Your template must be submitted to Miroverse before the challenge deadline

• By participating in the challenge, you agree that your submission may be published and used for promotional activities by Miro

Judges

• Charles Burdett, Designer and Founder & CEO of Pip Decks

• Miro Knowledge Expert & Community star @Rachel 

• Miroverse Team Judges: @Helena Brandist & @Mariam Danielian 

23 replies

Userlevel 2

If we use Pip Decks templates as a base but change it up, is that allowed? Or do we need to use other icons and things / start from scratch?

Userlevel 2

@Rachel @Helena Brandist @Mariam Danielian - any thoughts on the above? I’d hate to post something that was copyright/not allowed

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @ProsperousHeart that’s a good question 🙂 I’d leave this one to @Ece Kurtaraner (Pip Decks Community Manager)  😎

Userlevel 2

I link to all of the public pages for the cards I use, if that helps. Or I can remove the card images from the boards.

Hi @ProsperousHeart - you can totally use a Miro template from Pip Decks as a base 😊

Sorry about our late reply. 

cc @Helena Brandist 

Userlevel 2

Hi @ProsperousHeart - you can totally use a Miro template from Pip Decks as a base 😊

Sorry about our late reply. 

cc @Helena Brandist 

pip pip - hooray! 😍 Thank you @Ece Kurtaraner - I’ll give my template a last lookover and then submit. 🙏🏼

Userlevel 2
  • Your full name:  Kassandra Keeton, the Prosperous Heart

• Role and company: software engineer @ public company, digital marketer & educator at Prosperous Heart, LLC

• Instructions on how to use the template - see 5min walkthrough (basically use Navigation to go wherever you want to & follow the arrows … or choose your own adventure!)

• Optional: 1–3 minute video overview of your template (sorry it was 5min … do I need to redo?)

The different things should be linked, but I didn’t see it in the previews. I hope that part went through. 😥

Userlevel 2

Also @Ece Kurtaraner - if we won but already got the workshop/storyteller deck … Could we request to have a copy of the new ones? If not, totally fine. I can definitely gift this amazing tool to someone in need.

Userlevel 3
  • Your full name Boris Petrovitch Njegosh

• Role and company CPO at INTERSTELLAR

• Miro board embedded with your template

Instructions on how to use the template :

A SYSTEM FOR YOUR WORKSHOP
Because creating professional workshops requires time and skills, we offer you this 'design system' which will allow you to remain focused on the essentials: solve your contributors' problems 😎

ON LINE, OFF LINE

This system is based on A4 (vertical) and A3 (horizontal) boards which allow you to produce your workshops online or print your models to animate offline tracks. And yes, no one is safe a last-minute change or a planetary pandemic 😷

IMPORT MODELS... OR MAKE YOUR OWN :)

Customize this system by importing your logo and then choosing from our on-the-shelf workshops catalog or creating your own workshops with your favorite Pip Decks workshops 🤩

Pay attention, this design system is in Creative Commun BY-SA 4.0, you can only use it and distribute it around you but not resell it 😬

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Everyone!

here is my submission:

• Your full name

Marie Louise de Beyssac

• Role and company

Possibilitator at Infinito Arco

https://miro.com/miroverse/miroverse-x-pip-decks-challenge-2022/?social=copy-link

• Instructions on how to use the template

Yes, they are on the board.

• Optional: 1–3 minute video overview of your template

https://youtu.be/vLDs_U8TF-A (it is longer than 3 minutes, and watching 3 minutes is enough to get the spirit of it! )

I have contacted Charles by e-mail to ask for the card images as I adapted them from Pip-Decks blog, as I receive them I will replace them on the board, okay?

Cheers from Rio de Janeiro 😊 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello everyone! 

I am dropping these lines to let you know that I updated the Board with the real Pip-cards received from Charles.  

I was not sure that the Board submission would automatically update (and I could not edit it), so I re-submitted the new version at:

https://miro.com/miroverse/miroverse-x-pip-decks-challenge-2022/?social=copy-link

Cheers, and a great week to you all!

Marie 😊

Userlevel 3

Hiii!

Hand to heart - I did not know about Pip Decks! Seems like a super nifty concept, though.

As someone with a strong interest in remote facilitation, I decided to gather all my favorite tips for hosting a remote/asynchronous workshop. When available, I linked to the corresponding Pip Decks pages.

• Anna-Maria Todorova

• agile coach @eyeo

Miro board link: https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVPZjNmJs=/?share_link_id=802217788477 Password: rawrrawr

• Instructions:

• This template is meant as a guide for facilitators who are hosting remote or asynchronous workshops. It is divided into three categories - before, during and after the event.

• For example, the during category includes things like setting ground rules for your session, creating an inviting space through avatars and many more useful tactics to have a great remote/async workshop.

• There is a master checklist at the beginning, which summarizes all tips for the facilitator. 

• In a nutshell: Open! Read! Use whichever parts you like best!

P.S. My Miroverse submission failed and I had to submit it manually, hope that still counts 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi  @ProsperousHeart @marie beyssac @amtodorova @Boris Petrovitch Njegosh   and all the guests of this challenge :wave_tone2:

Many thanks to all participants for sharing your amazing boards! 

I’m here to tell you that we closed this thread for new submissions, and our judges take a week to choose the winner :nerd:

:ballot_box:  Public voting for the People’s Choice is also open until September 19th (EOD), so let’s get voting! Please put a thumbs-up under the post if you like the template. Participants can also share a link to this thread with your network and get their support (:warning:NOTE: we only count the likes :thumbsup_tone2: under your comment here in the Miro online community).

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you have submitted your template to Miroverse and have followed the feedback 

Stay tuned! We will get back to you on September 20th and announce the winners :trophy:

Userlevel 3

Hi  @ProsperousHeart @marie beyssac @amtodorova @Boris Petrovitch Njegosh   and all the guests of this challenge :wave_tone2:

Many thanks to all participants for sharing your amazing boards! 

I’m here to tell you that we closed this thread for new submissions, and our judges take a week to choose the winner :nerd:

:ballot_box:  Public voting for the People’s Choice is also open until September 19th (EOD), so let’s get voting! Please put a thumbs-up under the post if you like the template. Participants can also share a link to this thread with your network and get their support (:warning:NOTE: we only count the likes :thumbsup_tone2: under your comment here in the Miro online community).

IMPORTANT: Please make sure you have submitted your template to Miroverse and have followed the feedback 

Stay tuned! We will get back to you on September 20th and announce the winners :trophy:

Let’s go voting !

Here the URL of our submission, it’s still “in revue” status :

https://miro.com/miroverse/rsprint-workshop-system/

Userlevel 2

• Role and company: software engineer @ public company, digital marketer & educator at Prosperous Heart, LLC

• Instructions on how to use the template - see 5min walkthrough (basically use Navigation to go wherever you want to & follow the arrows … or choose your own adventure!)

• Optional: 1–3 minute video overview of your template (sorry it was 5min … do I need to redo?)

The different things should be linked, but I didn’t see it in the previews. I hope that part went through. 😥

Looks like mine received feedback but I was never alerted - updated and resubmitted.

Userlevel 2

How do I edit my original post? I was asked to make changes and it changed the URL! :( https://miro.com/miroverse/planning-workshop-toolkit/?social=copy-link

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi  @ProsperousHeart @amtodorova @marie beyssac @Boris Petrovitch Njegosh and all the guests of the challenge :blush:

Excited to announce the winners of the challenge! 

:drum::drum::drum:  The winners are:

Congratulations everyone! I will reach out to the winners shortly to get the details to send the prizes :gift: 

If you would like to receive the judges’ feedback - please send me a dm! 😊

We were blown away by all your creative templates! Thank you so much for sharing them with the world and joining this challenge! For the templates that haven’t been published yet: you’ll receive more feedback by EOW.

Happy collaborating! 

Userlevel 3

Hi  @ProsperousHeart @amtodorova @marie beyssac @Boris Petrovitch Njegosh and all the guests of the challenge :blush:

Congratulations everyone! I will reach out to the winners shortly to get the details to send the prizes :gift: 

We were blown away by all your creative templates! Thank you so much for sharing them with the world and joining this challenge! For the templates that haven’t been published yet: you’ll receive more feedback by EOW.

Happy collaborating! 

Congrats to the winner !!!! All the best from the Interstellar team !

Userlevel 4

When will both choices be available in Miroverse? @Helena Brandist 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Happy collaborating! 

Congrats to the winner !!!! All the best from the Interstellar team !

Hi!  
I am so glad to be the Judge's choice for the Miroverse Pip-Deck challenge 2022!
Congrats to @amtodorova and to all participants!
​Thank you!  Cheers!

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi Everyone,

Here is the link for the Miroverse Template:

https://miro.com/miroverse/workshop-tactics-cards/?social=copy-link

Cheers!  😍

Marie

(other links no longer work)

Userlevel 3

Apologies for the late reply everybody! 

Here is the link to the Remote/Async Workshop Requisites: https://miro.com/miroverse/remote-async-workshop-requisites/ 

I hope it’ll help everyone to have better remote or async meetings/workshops (: 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Time to start our next - March’23 - challenge! 
Please find the details in this thread.
Note: we now calculate votes and likes in Miroverse for the people's choice award, so the earlier you publish the higher the chances are for winning.