Possible presentation mode with movement via frames in frame mode

Show first post

35 replies

Are animated transitions for presentation mode gone again?
I cannot find the “toggle background” button anymore. Instead there is now a function called “start in fullscreen”.
Could anyone tell me how to get back animated transitions please?
Otherwise my presentation is useless.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Are animated transitions for presentation mode gone again?
I cannot find the “toggle background” button anymore. Instead there is now a function called “start in fullscreen”.
Could anyone tell me how to get back animated transitions please?
Otherwise my presentation is useless.

Thank you! I’d love to do that, but as I said, the button is gone. What did I do wrong?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12
Thank you! I’d love to do that, but as I said, the button is gone. What did I do wrong?

Hmmm. Honestly, it’s hard for me to say anymore as they seem to be changing things/experimenting so rapidly. For example, on one of my accounts, I see that the “Present → Board” option is back, which I LOVE:

Have you tried from another browser or the Miro desktop app to see if the Dark background option comes back?

Userlevel 4

Hey @Ben222!

We are looking at this now, do you maybe have “Reduced Motion” on? 

Userlevel 4

@Robert Johnson curious to hear if you would still miss “Present Board” if you could pan around and present anyway with “Present frames”, with only the added capability to also zoom in and step through frames. :) cc @Joe McLean 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Johnson curious to hear if you would still miss “Present Board” if you could pan around and present anyway with “Present frames”, with only the added capability to also zoom in and step through frames. :) cc @Joe McLean 

Hi @Sophia Chia. Not to start an essay (as I already shared most of this with Kate via Slack), but I will try to summarize as best as I can.

• The majority of my recent use cases for Miro have been to compile and visualize information from various sources, so I can see the bigger. I am primarily adding screenshots and then annotating them with stickies, comments, arrows, etc.
  • I sometimes add frames to these boards for the purpose of navigation from the frames sidebar and when I want to present areas of the board (I create an Activity for this as I only need to present a subset of the board).
  • Where Present → Board was preferred 
    • Scenario 1: I am sharing my screen while in a video conference call and want to present a clean look of the board, but do not need to go to a specific frame. Now, with no “Present → Board” option, I am forced to snap to a frame and then pan back to where I was before the presentation mode.
    • Scenario 2: I just want to work in a more focused space (no top- left or-right toolbars, mini map, etc.).

If I could start presentation mode without being moved to a frame, that would be ideal. Then, if there were frames present on the board, then the navigation/Frame list could still be present in the presenters toolbar at the bottom, and frames could still be snapped too when clicked - that would be great to have those options there, just as if I started a Present → Frames session. Again, I just want to start presentation mode without being forced to a frame.

Presentation Mode Apps → Creation tools

This is a sore spot for me at the moment. To better understand, let’s consider how I like to work in Miro. I use hotkeys to create Sticky Notes, Comments, Shapes, Text, and Cards.

When I enter presentation mode, the hotkeys do not work. They only work when I enable Show creation tools. That’s great, but that is an extra step as Miro is not storing my preference for this. For Activities (sidebar → Activities), the preferences appear to be stored at the “Activity” level, e.g., on Board A, I enable Creation tools and just for Stickers, while on Board B I enable creation tools for only sticky notes). When I close these boards and later go back, those choices are remembered).  My expectation for starting a presentation mode on a board is the same: My Show creation tools (and selected apps) are remembered for that board.

My other expectation is that hotkeys always work - even when in presentation mode, and with Show creation tools being disabled. If this was the case, then I wouldn’t haven to enable Show creation tools and could have an even cleaner looking board. However, I would still enable show creation tools → Stickers, so I could access stickers while working in presentation/focused mode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hey @Ben222!

We are looking at this now, do you maybe have “Reduced Motion” on? 

@Sophia Chia - I also noted that @Ben222 is missing the Comments action:

Hello @Robert Johnson & @Sophia Chia ,

First of all, thank you for your efforts!
I couldn’t fix the problem a week ago. The preference ‘Reduce Motion’ was disabled, but it still wouldn’t work.

What helped me eventually was switching to fire fox. Prior I was using Chrome.

As shown in my Screenshot the Comments actions was missing too as @Robert Johnson already pointed out. 

However, I checked again today and all the missing features are now available in Chrome.
So we can consider my problem solved. :)
Im still curious why this happened though. 🤔

kind regards
Ben

Userlevel 4

@Robert Johnson Thanks for your detailed feedback! Will relay it to the product team :) 

@Ben222 It might be that we are doing some experiments, but glad to hear it is there again for you now! :)