New Ice Breaker: Collaborative Jigsaw Puzzle! đŸ§©

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Looking for a collaborative and fun (or potentially frustrating, depending on the difficulty level 😅) ice breaker for your next workshop or team activity?

I give you:

The Collaborative Jigsaw Puzzle Ice Breaker! 🌟

This is my first ice breaker published in Miroverse, and since I'm not the biggest fan of ice breakers myself, I'm pretty proud about it. 😇

//End of brag

I got the inspiration for this template while working on the Womxen at Work: Mix & Match template with @Karen M and @Alexis Luscutoff. We were organizing the profile pictures and it felt like a big puzzle at the time. We joked about it and said that it would be a fun activity to try to finish a jigsaw puzzle in Miro.

Some weeks later
 Ta-daaa!

Shout-out to @Said Saddouk for being an endless source of inspiration with his #Mirofication creations!

19 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Really nice one @Henrik StĂ„hl. #miroficationÂ đŸ‘đŸœđŸ‘ŒđŸœ

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thanks a lot @Said Saddouk, so glad you like it! 🙏 Let me know how fast you finish the đŸ€ŻđŸ˜±đŸ„Ž puzzle if you ever attempt it. Hehe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Oh, by the way: Does any of you Mironeers recognize the motif in the 165-piece puzzle? 😉

@Helena Brandist @Anna Savina @Colleen Curtis @Alexis Luscutoff @Shira Re'em @Marina 

Userlevel 4

I love me some Miró artwork!!! 😍

I had so much fun doing these puzzles! However, I haven’t tackled the Joan Miro one yet - that one might take me a few hours..

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Shira Re'em I'm glad to hear you had fun Shira! It was really fun to make the template as well. Even though it took a couple of hours to create the Joan Miró puzzle
 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Love this!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Henrik StÄhl - Heads up: The template on the Miroverse appears to be broken. The like of the board is: https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVO49JjXo=/

But the four board links in the “Ready? Let’s go!” box are all pointing to another board: https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVO5YczSU=/

The result: Anyone who duplicates the template to their account and uses the links in the “Ready? Let’s go!” box will be taken to boards to which they have no access.

The workaround: Manual pan down to the desired puzzle.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Robert Johnson Oh no!! I did the “copy everything and paste it into a new board” trick you taught me, but forgot to change the links... đŸ˜± Can this be fixed somehow when a template is already published, @Anna Savina @Helena Brandist?

Thanks for the heads up Robert! 💜

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Henrik StÄhl sure! What link should we use instead?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Anna Savina It's the 4 Link to links in the “Ready? Let's go!” frame, they should link to the respective puzzles. I'll send you the correct links in a DM!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Henrik StĂ„hl thanks for sharing and thanks for flagging @Robert Johnson 😊 We’ll make it work !

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Anna Savina @Helena Brandist @Robert Johnson You’re the best! 💜

Love the this idea.

Would like help to create my own version in Miro but not sure how. Need assistance please?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Joe T Glad you like it! Do you mean you need help with how to use the template in Miroverse or creating your own from scratch?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Henrik StÄhl - Did you use a service or app to create the the puzzle piece images from the source image? (If you mentioned this already in this post, I 100% did not read through it all :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Robert Johnson I haven’t mentioned it! 😊

I used a puzzle grid similar to this one:

Opened it in Photoshop and made it transparent, placed it on top of the image I wanted to make a jigsaw of, marked a selection, and copy-pasted the individual piece into a separate image file. Saved them as PNGs.

It was a bit tedious and I am 100% sure there’s a much easier way to do it, but it got the job done! 😄

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Robert Johnson Like this, basically:

WOW, Such prompt responses I am impressed.
Thank you for the replies and helping. 

I’m trying to create a net new puzzle and learn the process to pass on to others. My intention is to host a team event in Miro and use the puzzle as an ice breaker; however, I do anticipate once I hold this meeting it will be asked “how did you do that”? I would prefer not to be the only one with the knowledge on how to and thus in the learning mode. 

I have a photo, a puzzle image, and can user either MS word, Power Point to create the desired puzzle.

I’ve been able to use PPT and take an image, set it as BKG, and then overlay the puzzle image with layering for a now puzzle layer. I have been using insert shapes and drawing over each of the puzzle pieces individually.   

I was wondering if there’s a way to “cut” or “mark” the puzzle pieces into their respective shapes without having to draw each image. Then having to save each one as an image, like you said a bit tedious.

Am I doing this right or is there another way?

Again thank you for responses and willingness to help. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Joe T Hmm, I’m not sure PPT or Word is sufficient to make the individual pieces properly? I’m no expert on either of those tools though. The most important part is that the background is transparent, otherwise you might have som unpleasant overlaps between jigsaw pieces.