Skip to main content

Tag search (from Sticky Note/Card context bar) should be case insensitive

Tag search should not be case sensitive. This reduces the usefulness of searching across a lot of content.

At the very least a checkbox to switch between case sensitive and insensitive would be fab!

@Benji Greig - Tags are not appearing as case sensitive for me from within a board in Chrome or the desktop app on Windows 11, 64-bit - searched on both Sticky Notes and Cards.

What is your set up? How are you searching?

I didn’t open this request but I’m experiencing the same issue:

Searching lowercase, nothing found
Searching mixed case, matches existing tag
Searching uppercase, nothing found

I’m running Miro in Firefox 115.0 on Windows 11 Pro version 22621.1848.

@Robert Johnson Looks like you were searching for the tag using the main search function, where the search is indeed case-insensitive. The problem exists in the box where you enter text to choose a tag and are shown matching tags. That match is case sensitive.

@Richard Corner - Thanks for pointing that out there. I had heard that through a discussion in another channel, but hadn’t made it back here yet to mention the request was to search via the tag feature itself.

From a quick test, it would seem this is due to the fact that tags are created based on case sensitivity. For example, I can create multiple versions of “test”:

I will report this to the support team to get an answer if the is currently a bug or missed requirement. I will update this post with what the support team tells me.

Update from Miro Support:

Thank you for the report on the case-sensitive tag search! 

I have reached out to our product team to verify if this behavior is expected or not. As always I will let you know what information they are able to provide as soon as possible!

Update from Miro Support:

The product team has confirmed that this expected behavior, however, they plan to change this workflow to match the main noncase-sensitive tag search. As this update is still in development, we can't share any ETA with you just yet, but I'd recommend keeping an eye on our Changelog.

Hopefully we won’t have to wait too long for this change!