Request to Return Web Page Capture

Migrating this request from @Mykola Bashlakov and @JasonM Conversation of the same topic (Sunsetting Web Page Capture sucks! Bring it back!!! | Miro) to create a Wish List Idea, allow for upvoting.

I am thunderously in support of this idea. It was a super elegant and functional tool, particularly for carrying out web-based research efforts. Double-click cropping was also a next level component, unless I’m mis-remembering. It would be great to have it back again.

Webpage capture was my favorite miro feature, I'm looking for another tool.

Please reactivate the function.

Over a year later and I still miss this functionality. I don’t understand why they would remove such a brilliant and functional tool?

Using their Web Clipper as an alternative is incredibly painful. Not automatically saving a source / link with a clip adds multiple steps to the process and severely interrupts workflow.

It is literally the SOUL REASON I have not upgraded to a paid subscription.

Miro team can you please please bring back this functionality and I swear to god I will purchase an annual plan on the spot. 🙏🙏🙏 

Over a year later and I still miss this functionality. I don’t understand why they would remove such a brilliant and functional tool?

Using their Web Clipper as an alternative is incredibly painful. Not automatically saving a source / link with a clip adds multiple steps to the process and severely interrupts workflow.

It is literally the SOUL REASON I have not upgraded to a paid subscription.

Miro team can you please please bring back this functionality and I swear to god I will purchase an annual plan on the spot. 🙏🙏🙏 

I still think there are manifold benefits that easily justify a paid Miro license, but totally with you in emotion and energy. I hella miss this feature. It made research and audits so much more elegant, and my double-click cropping observation at the top remains doubly impactful. To list the actions, I now:

• Screenshot (Shift+Ctrl+S)
  • navigate to Miro
  • Paste (Ctrl+V)
  • navigate back to the webpage
  • Copy (Ctrl+C)
  • navigate back to Miro
  • Edit Link (Shift+Ctrl+K)
  • Paste (Ctrl+V). 

I’ve tightened it up as much as I can, but it’s still so heavy compared to the solution in place before.

Bonus thought: a neat approach to submitting Wish List items would be to borrow the hint system from Dark Souls / Fromsoft games, where players (in this case, users) leave glowing hints on the floor (in this case, sequential actions in the application) to indicate when the proposed technique could be used. Let others discover not via descriptions in a forum but over the course of actions performed.