Receive Notifications when @mentioned anywhere in a board

The @mention functionality is not consistent.

When a user is @mentioned in a Comment, they receive an email notification (if setup).

However, if they are mentioned in a chat, they do not. AND, @mentions do not even work outside of Comments or Chats.

When a user is @mentioned in a chat, they are currently not receiving any notifications - email, mobile push, or Slack.

Use Case

Given a user is @mentioned in a chat and they are not actively on the board (or at least the chat windows is not open?) at the time of the @mention, then a notification would be sent to the @mentioned user, e.g., similar to @mentions in Comments.

Here is the Got a question? post that sparked this Wish List post:

https://community.miro.com/got-a-question-ask-the-community-45/atmention-notifications-in-chat-1641

Some links to current documentation regarding @mentions in chats

This @Mentioning People on the Board help article is misleading, specifically where it states, ‘you may need to quickly notify someone about the changes you’re making. You can do that by simply @mentioning them in a comment or chat.’  I have tested this and no notifications are sent.

Further review led me to this article, which more accurately describes the actual behavior:

The Chat help article that is linked to from the @Mentioning People on the Board article does do a better job at explaining the current, intended behavior:

I also think this is an essential feature for Miro.  I have set up comments to act as chat groups to work around this

Thank you @Robert Johnson for the Wish List request. I have added my vote. I’m not sure why this would need to be a feature request? It seems like a pretty basic feature to me and why it doesn’t exist a year on is beyond me!

The following idea has been merged into this idea:

All the votes have been transferred into this idea.

ETA on this?  @ mentions on the rest of the board (especially cards) are pointless if the users cannot be notified of it…  Cannot expect the people ti just “see” that they were mentioned somehwere on the board...