Skip to main content

Miro on iPad: Key Areas for Enhancement

I've been using Miro for a few days (free version for now) and I've noticed a few things that are very weak for the iPad.

1. I can't put my hand on the canvas to draw freely with the pencil. In other apps of this type I can freely rest my hand on the whiteboard and draw whatever I want. In your app, it detects this as a touch and it even came to a situation that I "touched" my hand so many times on many points that the app crashed and I had to turn it off.

2. The Magic Keyboard is practically not supported on the board. I thought I would do the same things as on the computer, and it turned out that a great deal of elements do not work and I had to operate the application with touch, despite the fact that use Magic Keyboard with an iPad.

3. The pencil support itself seems only basic and it is difficult to use the stylus with your application. Compared to EverNote,Notes or FreeForm it is weak.

Please improve iPad support for your app. I use an iPad Pro and it's really been a long time since I've handled any app this badly.

This is sad - I was looking forward to this combo

It’s true - major issues I experience when using the Miro app with Magic Keyboard:

-Pinch/Zoom works on  what appears to be a rasterized view of the board when you started zooming, NOT vector (like Miro usually is) - so zooming in with trackpad gesture dramatically reduces image and text quality.

-Scrolling, Grabbing, Multi-Selecting all feel counterintuitive regardless of which setting i choose: Trackpad or Mouse… sometimes they feel reversed, other times like they’re the wrong mappings

-BIGGEST ISSUE: When I press “Command” on the Magic Keyboard with a note highlighted, the note is duplicated!! No other keys are being held down, and there is no way to change this keyboard shortcut. This alone makes it nearly impossible to use Miro in my day to day board building workflow, and will switch over to Mural.