Link frames between boards

Related products: Frames

It would be nice to have a feature where Frames could be linked between boards.

For example our company has different product teams each with their own boards while we work through ideas and capture detailed information.  For big presentations we create a combined board with the final designs from all teams.  To do that we copy over some of the frames on the individual team boards to the combined presentation board. 

After the presentation there are usually followup board edits, so then we have to make the updates in 2 boards, on the individual team boards as well as the combined presentation board.  

It would be nice if we could make the update to a frame in one board, and it would automatically make the update in the linked frame on another board, to make everything more efficient and accurate.

I had the same idea just this morning.  I’m not a fan of going back to the dashboard every time I change jobs (it is at least one click too many).  I’d like to both access other boards within a working board (with a bottom or top carousel control, for example) - but I also would like to have overlapping frames in multiple boards.  This would allow a thread of ideas to form - and ultimately a, sort of network of connections between projects - which is the way we think.

I would love this feature. I run workshops and use Miro for my presentations. The content of each presentation is usually about 3/4 the same, but the intro / outro slides differ. Currently I have a bunch of different boards to do this, but when I update one of the frames that is common to all boards then I need to update it in all boards to keep the information up to date, which is time consuming. 

This would be an amazing feature, especially for agencies and venture builders working with clients and separate dev teams. I need a board to update my clients (high-level info), a board for research and experiments and one to update my designers and devs. They often all contain the same frames with user flows, journeys, wireframes etc and I now have to manually copy paste them from one board to the other

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment about this feature. We appreciate your patience. Our team is reviewing this idea as it continues to be open for votes and comments.

For those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!

Thank you,

Miro Community Team