Import backups larger than 200 MB

It’s pointless to make Miro backups larger than 200 MB if we can’t restore them.

Full support to @Zeb’s comment above.  200Mb for graphic intensive boards is nothing - and for any full user experience this is essential.

USE CASE:

We create Boards in our Global team and distribute it to our Country Partners to use. Its way too labour intensive to copy sections of a board (and blindly aim to get below 200Mb) or to copy and paste between accounts. This is senseless.  Also, we can host the board in our paid account, but if you are not the board owner, you do not have access to features such as “hide frame” (also a very silly restriction!).  In order for us to work effectively, a board can be created, exported and imported into a new (paid) account, irrespective of the size of the board.

Is there any workaround for this in the meantime? I have a board I need to load that is 243mb.

Is there any workaround for this in the meantime? I have a board I need to load that is 243mb.

Miro support can restore them for you. Note: You will likely need to include a link to the backup on a service like Google Drive as the support form will likely not allow for attaching files that large.

You can open a support ticket by following theses instructions: 

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C