Either add padding and border to a Text object or add bullet points to shape objects

I often need to add text and bullet points to a box that has a background and border. Right now, a shape can’t contain bullet points. But a text box can’t have padding and a border. So the only way to do this is to combine and group objects but then editability is awful. For example, as text is added, the text overflows and the bounding shape has to be adjusted. 

Please can we either have better text editing in shapes or the ability to add a border and padding to a text object? (Perhaps they should both be the same object just with different initial settings? But perhaps there is more to consider here with different scaling behaviours required)

Yes!! Was coming here to add the exact same request. Either option would help me greatly!

Please do this! 

Yes please

Kindly add padding and margin options to Text Object please.
That would help greatly

I really need this too.

I constantly use bordered text boxes with bullet liste within. My workaround is to copy and paste a text box I created before the option set borders was removed. But that limits me to that specific color, which is annoying.

Yes, please do this. Preferably before Monday.