Display Names/Titles of hidden Frames

Once of the latest updates has removed the ability to see frames titles in the Frames view when they are hidden. I don’t really understand why it was done and I believe this is a really bad decision.

Maybe there is a way to turn it back on? If yes, I’d appreciate if you can share how.

As a facilitator, I use frames to help you through the course workflow. Previously I would look at the names of the frames to see what exercises and topics are coming up and sometimes make decisions which frames I would skip before I actually uncover them.

However, now all it says is “hidden for now” which is very unhelpful. I cannot go around the board to see what frames are coming up because most of the time the participants are following me. So my workaround right now is to open an incognito tab and look over the future frames that way (just the titles).

This is very ineffective and difficult to manage. 

Could you please bring the frame names back for hidden frames IN the frames window?

Agreed. The frame titles should always be visible to the board owner/co-owner.

One reason for hiding the titles may have been, "if the user wanted to hide the frame, then we should hid the name too as it may give some indication as to the content. However, that is a narrow view and not really up to Miro to decide. And, sure, even if the board owner is sharing their screen over a video calling platform AND Miro chose to show the title of the frame, the call attendees could see the name. But, once again, not a problem for Miro to some. If the board owner really, really wants to make something a grand reveal, or hide the title of the frame, they can put an object over the board title and not open the frames sidebar during a screen share.

When we have 20+ frames it is required to have the name of the title on a hidden tile. It is a must have.

I do not like to loose time to check where is my slide.

I keep running into this issue. Miro: Please, always show the frame’s name in the sidebar!