Chevron Shapes

Related products: Mapping & Diagramming

Hi there,

I would love to use Chevron type of shapes.

Unfortunately, they are not offered the shape selection.

Is there a way to expand the standard shapes?

Thanks!

Cheers

Michael

Michael -

I guess you’ve already tried creating a chevron shape using lines, then grouping it and duplicating/resizing it?

Kiron

Hi Kiron,

thanks for the hint. It is a valid workaround :)

Having a standard shape for that would be very convenient, though.

Michael

@Michael Hab, I will move the topic to the Wish List :wink:  

To be honest, the work around, at least for me does not work well, because I would like to fill the chevron with a color and then I need to start to put a square and a triangle together. It’s a lot of pain for something that is quite standard in IT

When will the chevron be available? It’s critical to create service blueprints and journey maps!

Suggest that you create a poly-shape where we can define the shape using points and it supports fill colors. This would address this request and likely many more.

If you just need a single object (non-kludgey)  chevron whose color you can easily change, you might consider using the icons available in the Smart Diagrams. 

I'm dearly missing shapes to build chevron process flows!

For anyone who’s not sure where the application is just do a Google image search “chevron process flows”.

I need those simple shapes to show flows for workshops, courses and coaching processes.

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment about this feature. We understand the frustration and appreciate your patience. Our team is reviewing this idea as it continues to be open for votes and comments.

For those coming across this idea, if you feel this would be helpful for you or your business, please be sure to vote for it and leave a comment about your use case to help our team scope this request!

Thank you,

Miro Community Team

Hi Miro, i am actually surprised that chevron is not a standard shape on miro. I noticed that the convo about it dates back to 4 years ago. I love Miro, MS tools don’t come nearly as close to Miro for ease of use and comprehensiveness. However, MS tools offer more shapes and more flexibility with their shapes. Before we all started playing with Miro, we had MS tools and over time we got used to having easy access to a larger library of shapes and that’s what we expect/hope from Miro. TBH, it’s a pain to create a standard shape like chevron from scratch on Miro. I started creating some of these on MS word and powerpoint and brought them to my miro board but that is still not ideal. I kept going back and forth between Miro and MS. As much as I prefer to work on Miro exclusively, going between MS and Miro or creating shapes from scratch on miro is eating up my time so I gave up. I am hoping that after 4 years of people suggesting this, Miro would consider adding more shapes to their standard shape list. Thank you 🙂