Allow selecting locked objects when ctrl key pressed

Use case

• I have locked all frames on my board to prevent students from accidentally moving them around
  • Now I need to make space so I can add a new frame between two existing frames. I have 22 frames that need to be moved down so the new frame can fit inbetween
  • Because all frames are locked I currently have only two options, and both of them are really bad: option 1 - unlock each of the 22 frames 1 by 1, then move them, then lock them again 1 by 1. options 2 - unlock all objects, and then spend the next 3h re-locking all the objects that should be locked

Solution

• When I hold the ctrl key down and use my mouse to select objects, locked objects are also selected
  • Once I have them selected with this method, I can move them like I could move unlocked objects
  • One I have them selected, I can also bulk-unlock those objects that are selected

Painfulness

• extremely high. I sometimes have to spend 30mins or more fiddling with locking and unlocking objects. It’s enough to make you develop serious resentment

Fyi, Mural has had this for years, and it works extremely well. Β 

I agree, I have the same issue and tried to find solutions to it. It is often a difficult decision for me to take - what of the hardsome alternatives to choose, unlock all objects or unlock the frames one by one.

A solution would be appreciated!

yes! This! I really miss this feature.

This is a must for workshop facilitators!

Miss that, too =(Β