Answered

Choosing the Camera for Video Chat

• 10 July 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Can someone tell me how to define which camera the Video Chat app in MIRO will display (when using my MAC BOOK PRO and a DISPLAY SCREEN), right now it is defaulting to the laptop camera instead of the display screen camera (so people are seeing my side view).  I’ve tried checking which camera is the defualt camera in FACETIME and that is set to the display camera which is correct.  I cannot find a way to adjust this inside of MIRO.  Can someone advise? Thanks

icon

Best answer by Marina 13 July 2020, 16:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Tricia,

The Support team has already replied to you via email, though I’d duplicate the reply here for visibility:

All audio and video settings are performed within a browser. Please go to your browser settings and choose the camera. If you're using Chrome, you can follow these steps: 
go to Settings >
?name=inline-1026183085.png

Advanced > Privacy and Security > Site Settings > Camera:
?name=inline872584848.png
Safari browser and Miro Desktop App use the default camera of your device. Please feel free to use Google Chrome if you'd like to switch between the default and an external camera.

Hope that helps :)

Badge

Same problem.

The camera doesn’t work, I get this juicy (Vonage API error) in the Chrome Logs:

he selected voice or video devices are unavailable. Verify that the chosen devices are not in use by another application.

not true I can assure you

I am using NDI as a virtual camera, not sure it matters.

The purpose is to share on the board my live sketchnoting.

I hope somebody get to look at this error,

Enrico Teotti

ps

I had a beautifully crafted error report with logs and all but your fantastic tool DELETE IT saying “I exceeded the 30K characters”. This is so annoying and people like me that care to send logs will get VERY frustrated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Teo,

So sorry to hear this :(

I have converted your message into the support ticket, so the Support team will get back to you via email. 

Can Miro work with Yealink UVC30 (Web camera)?