Can I change the height of the textbox without an auto adjust of the width?

• 13 August 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2

It is odd...I can change the width of the text box without adjusting the height, but I can’t do the other way around.

Samantha 3 years ago

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @Samantha,

I have this issue often, so it is not just you. Txt boxes can only be resized horizontally or using the four corners. While a horizontal stretch merely changes the wrap-around for your txt, doing a corner stretch resizes your txt. It often becomes a game of corner stretch, then horizontal, then the corner, then horizontal again until you find the perfect combination of box and txt size.

I would recommend adding this to the wish list, and you will have an immediate supporter to add the ability to resize text boxes vertically. 

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32

You can resize vertically with other shapes, but you will not get the same text customization like bullets or numbering.

Hope this helps! 

Jon

Userlevel 2

@Jonathan White https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/allow-to-change-the-height-of-the-textbox-without-an-auto-adjust-of-the-width-1664

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Add my vote!

@Samantha Quite some time ago now I defaulted to using the rectangle shape object for just this very reason. To mimic the text object, I set the border to none and the justification to top and left. I’m not sure if I’m missing out on some of the text object functionality, but the shape object has been working for me just fine.

Add my vote!

@Samantha Quite some time ago now I defaulted to using the rectangle shape object for just this very reason. To mimic the text object, I set the border to none and the justification to top and left. I’m not sure if I’m missing out on some of the text object functionality, but the shape object has been working for me just fine.

Looks like it’s missing the bullet functionality in this method