⚡​​​​​​​ Miro Next Breakout Session: Accessibility ⚡​​​​​​​

• 16 May 2022
  • 3 replies
⚡​​​​​​​ Miro Next Breakout Session: Accessibility ⚡​​​​​​​
Userlevel 3

The Road to Accessibility: A Collaborative Journey

Featured Resources

Overview

Accessibility in today’s tech-driven world is defined as the inclusive practice of ensuring there are no barriers that prevent interaction with, or access to, websites and digital tools by people with disabilities or restrictions. Yet most barriers - even digital ones - cannot be dismantled alone. 

Join us for this Miro Next breakout session that will provide you with an inside look at Miro’s approach to Accessibility and the recent advancements made by the team, followed by an intimate fireside chat between Phil Strain or Miro and Sheri Byrne-Haber of VMware. This session will explore the importance of collaboration in driving and delivering inclusive innovation and how an accessibility mindset can be a game changer when it comes to company and end user engagement.

Our Speakers

• @Phil Strain, Product Lead, Accessibility and Design Systems, Miro
  • Sheri Byrne-Haber, Senior Staff Architect, Accessibility, VMware
  • Kai Katonina, Accessibility Designer, Miro
  • Marcin Pajak, Senior Software Engineer, Miro

Q&A

But wait, there’s more!

Leave your burning questions and brilliant thoughts down below ⬇️ as you watch the session and get a reply from our panelists and Team Miro. We’ll be hopping into the comments in real-time during the session, as well as async style now through Friday, May 20th. (Think of it as a Hybrid AMA!)

We can’t wait to hear from you! 🙌

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello! My name is Phil Strain and I’m Product Lead for Accessibility and Design Systems here at Miro. 

I am thrilled to be able to share this Miro Next breakout session with you all. It's an incredible conversation about not only the Accessibility work that's happening here at Miro, but also at a broader level as we chat with our partners at VMware. 

We want you to be a part of the conversation as well!

Do you have questions? Comments? Ideas? Share down below! We'll be providing answers now through Friday, May 20th. 

Hello!

I love that Miro is now moving towards accessibility and have a practical question related to that:

Miro is a tool for visualising thoughts, ideas, processes, etc., so visualisation is Miro's nature. To what extent do you think can Miro be adapted to users with visual impairments who can't perceive visuals by default? Is there any limitation in accessibility when it comes to visual information and if not, how would you approach this challenge?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Phil Strain!

A couple of questions:

1. How WCAG 2.1 compliant is Miro? Are you doing regular compliance tests?
  2. Does your product teams have a general a11y checklist when developing new features?

Thanks for doing an accessibility breakout session during Miro Next! 🙏