Distributed ‘22 Inspiration Thread - Day 1

• 15 November 2022
  • 9 replies
Distributed ‘22 Inspiration Thread - Day 1
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We want to hear from you! Day 1 of Distributed ’22 is underway and we can’t wait to hear which sessions and speakers have inspired you most throughout the day.

Use this thread to connect and share your favorite sessions, speakers, quotes, ideas, and any new Miro tricks and tips you’ve learned from day 1👇

9 replies

We want to hear from you! Day 1 of Distributed ’22 is underway and we can’t wait to hear which sessions and speakers have inspired you most throughout the day.

Use this thread to connect and share your favorite sessions, speakers, quotes, ideas, and any new Miro tricks and tips you’ve learned from day 1👇

The employee is responsible for their own experience.

Userlevel 1

Session by “Alejandro De Blasi” was just Wow!! loved it

Here is the template, if you want to use it miro.com/miroverse/social-media-planner/

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Loved the idea of "connection before content" when it comes to connecting with communities and facilitating great conversations. Shared by @Douglas Ferguson in his “Maintaining playfulness and exploration for remote employees” session today!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Session by “Alejandro De Blasi” was just Wow!! loved it

Here is the template, if you want to use it miro.com/miroverse/social-media-planner/

@Alejandro De Blasi is the best! So happy to hear you enjoyed it :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

“Moonshot thinking. Ask yourself ‘How can we 10x this?’. Be that annoying voice in the room and ask questions that allow you to open up the aptiteur  - Gary Bolles from “The Next Rules of Distributed Work” Session

Userlevel 3

I loved this quote from Katherine von Jan during today’s keynote session with Miro’s Head of Marketing, Paul D’Arcy:

Values aren’t just something to hang on the wall -- they’re not a poster.” 💙

I highly recommend watching the replay once it’s available on Hopin! 

Userlevel 1

Hybrid work lets you have more freedom while still staying connected, which is what a lot of workers want today. However, hybrid work is still a work in progress. If leaders work with employees to make it more human, it can be the best of both worlds. #Distributed22 @MiroHQ

https://twitter.com/al1meister/status/1592564041196916736

Userlevel 1

Incredible first day at Distrubuted ‘22

All very inspirational, and got to ‘meet’ some awesome, engaging speakers.

I was especially interested in Lisette’s session on “the 1970’s called, they want their office model back” and specifically their mention of Personal User Manuals. I LOVE these and have recently completed my own, which I host on my site. 

I would love to hear from others who have completed this exercise in self discovery, and swap thoughts on whether this has helped in their interactions with others. Here’s a link to My Personal User Manual if anyone is interested in reading it!

Looking forward to day 2!