Here’s what to do if you can’t apply for Education plan, cause your email isn’t accepted

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Currently, you need to have an email belonging to the educational institution domain to apply for the Education plan. In case you don't have one but are employed by or enrolled in an accredited institution, our support team will be happy to review your application outside of a standard submission process.

Please add a message to this thread if you're unable to apply using this form https://miro.com/education-whiteboard/ and the community team will convert your message into a support ticket.

65 replies

I want to apply for the educator plan, but I don’t have educational email address but I can provide proof of my affiliation with an educational institution. (Link from school website). How can I apply? The form shows that it’s necessary to fill in the email address and doesn’t allow to send it. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Anna Zharkova,

Currently, having an email belonging to the educational institution domain is indeed needed to apply for the Education license. Since you don't have one, I'll convert this community post into a support ticket so the team can review your application. You can expect to get a reply from us in your inbox shortly. 

Hello, 

The required form to apply for a Miro Educational account requires a student email. The course I am taking through UX Design institute in Glassglow is an accredited course and others taking it mentioned being able to upgrade to an educational account. However, I do not have a student email and am stuck on the ‘add details’ page. Any advice how to get in contact with a support?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Gavin Keenan

Currently, having an email belonging to the educational institution domain is indeed needed to apply for the Education license. Since you don't have one, I'll convert this community post into a support ticket so the team can review your application. You can expect to get a reply from us shortly to your inbox. 

I am a teacher in a Moscow school. I would like to apply for education plan, but in our school we don’t have educational email address. I can prove by attaching the link from the schoool website where my position is described. I can’t apply with the form as it requires school email, which Idon’t have. Is there any chance that I can apply for educational plan by means of some other ways?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Ekaterina Zarubina 

Currently, having an email belonging to the educational institution domain is indeed required to apply for the Education license. Since you don't have one, I'll convert this community post into a support ticket so the team can review your application. You can expect to get a reply from us shortly to your inbox. 

The link for the community team to review an application is not working. It takes us back to the page to select an account type.” Please add a message to this thread if you're unable to apply using this form https://miro.com/education-whiteboard/ and the community team will convert your message into a support ticket.” What is the alternative if our name is not listed on a public web page?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @K Bowden,

The Community team isn't reviewing the applications; it's still handled by the Support team. This thread is for cases when something is preventing you from applying for the Education plan via this page: https://miro.com/education-whiteboard/

What is the alternative if our name is not listed on a public web page?

If you are employed by the educational institution and your name is not listed on its web page, you can provide any other document which validates your employment status.

Hi, Alyona. The link to that page only takes me back to the page where we select a plan instead of a thread.

Hi!

I would like to apply for education plan, but my school doesnt have educational email address.

But I have a document(certificate)which school sends me, where they proved that I am a teacher.

What should I do?

Hello! Have the same question as Aigul

I would like to apply for education plan, but my school doesnt have educational email address.

But I have a document(certificate)which school sends me, where they proved that I am a teacher.

What should I do? 
thanks in advance 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Anna Ilina

I've convert this community post into a support ticket so the team can review your application. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Hi!

I would like to apply for education plan, but my school doesn’t have educational email address.

But I have a document to prove I'm a student.

What should I do? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @didaio

I've convert your message in community post into a support ticket so the team can review your application. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Hi there, I want to get involved in the education plan, I do have an email address from my institution, but my university does not have a student profile page that can prove I’m a student.

What should I do?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Lucielle Lin,

Thanks for asking!

In this case, you could attach any other document that would confirm your enrollment, like a scan of your student ID or an acceptance letter to your application. 

Hi @Lucielle Lin,

Thanks for asking!

In this case, you could attach any other document that would confirm your enrollment, like a scan of your student ID or an acceptance letter to your application. 

But the information on my ID card is not written in English, will that be okay?

BTW, I did try to upload a picture on googledrive and paste the link on the education plan application form, but it couldn’t be submitted. I am sure that anyone who gets the link can view the attachment, so it is not a problem of authority, so why couldn’t I submit the form then?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Lucielle Lin,

Thanks for asking!

But the information on my ID card is not written in English, will that be okay?

BTW, I did try to upload a picture on googledrive and paste the link on the education plan application form, but it couldn’t be submitted. I am sure that anyone who gets the link can view the attachment, so it is not a problem of authority, so why couldn’t I submit the form then?

Feel free to attach the scan of ID even if it's not in English. In most cases the team will still be able to gatherer the needed details from it. 

The link to the document uploaded to GDrive works just fine for me, please make sure there are no spaces after the link.

If this won't help, please try completing the application in the Incognito or Private mode of your preferred browser. This is to rule out the possibility that the issue is caused by cache or some browser extensions. 

Hello!  My university does not have an email address that ends in *.edu or *.k12. Can I provide a student ID to access the program.
I would love feedback, thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Ilya_Karpenko,

Yes, you can! I've convert your message in community post into a support ticket so the team can review your application. Please send your student ID as a reply via your inbox. 

Currently, you need to have an email belonging to the educational institution domain to apply for the Education plan. In case you don't have one but are employed by or enrolled in an accredited institution, our support team will be happy to review your application outside of a standard submission process.

Please add a message to this thread if you're unable to apply using this form https://miro.com/education-whiteboard/ and the community team will convert your message into a support ticket.

Hi! this is student from South Korea.

My college friends are having nice experience with Miro. And they taught me how to apply the student plan.

so I made every information. I wrote my school account, I paid for my document and linked it. My first attempt was Feb 19 but I couldn’t get any message.

I’m always checking my school web mail, g-mail, and many other accounts: just in case. second attempt was Mar 4. I’m still starved for your check.

I hope this reply would make situation better.

Thank you!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @heeme,

For us to check why you haven't received any updates yet, we'll need to know which email address you used to apply for the Education License. I'll convert your message into a support ticket and will reach out within it with some additional questions. Please keep an eye on the inbox your Community profile is connected to. 

Hi, I’d like to register for a student account please, but my institution doesn’t offer an email. Hope to hear from you soon, thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Aline Simões,

I can see that you found a way to submit a support ticket already and followed up with you there. Please keep an eye on your inbox!

Hello, same here! I’d like to register for a student account please, but my institution doesn’t offer an email. Thank you!