Skip to main content

There's a new app in the market that you might want to check out: Video Clipper.

You can now upload videos, generate transcriptions and create playable clips right on your Miro board.

A must-have for UX Researchers or anyone that wants to digest and gain insights from user interviews, recorded meetings, and video-inclusive brainstorming.

Free your time to focus on analyzing the results. Let the app take care of video editing and transcribing.

Try it now!

To my knowledge, I installed video clipper into my Miro team but don’t even know where to find it in Miro. I searched the ‘More Apps’ plus sign in the tool bar for ‘Video Clipper’ and it only shows the
‘Embed iFrame Code’
Can you help me locate Video Clipper?

Hi @Chris Mighton 

Thanks for bringing this up!

If the Video Clipper app is not showing up when searched in ‘More Apps,’ kindly click See more from Miro Marketplace.

Here’s a video on how to do it.

If you cannot allow the app, please contact your Company Admins and request that it be recognized as an approved app in your organization.

Hope this helps! If you need more assistance, please feel free to let us know in the Community.

Hi Eca,
Thanks for your quick and clear demonstration on how to get video clipper to load in Miro. However, when I go to look for more apps I get this message in the search field. Maybe this is an admin related issue as you mentioned? 

Hi @Chris Mighton 

Thanks for following up!

Since the option in the video is not available on your end, it can be allowed by your Admins. You may send the following screenshot(s) to your Admins as a guide on how to add the app to your team so it can be used to your board(s).

1. Go to Team settings > Apps and Integrations tab > Click Add apps

1. Search for the app - in this case Video Clipper
  1. Click the app > Click connect
  1. Ask the Admin to add the app to the team where the boad you are working on is stored in

Once this is done, the app should appear once you search it in the board’s ‘More Apps’

@Chris Mighton

to my knowledge, I installed video clipper into my Miro team

I suppose it doesn’t matter when/how you may have installed it, so what happens when you go to the Marketplace and try to install it using the Connect action?

As @Eca mentioned, you may need an admin to approve the app.

(Update: Eca and I replied at the same time 😉)

I was curious, so I tested the settings in my Business Plan, and as soon as I toggle on that non-admins can install apps, Video Clipper will appear in the apps for install: