Answered

Redirect user to a certain widet

• 8 June 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Miro supports a very usefull tool when sharing boards between users, where a user can send a link with a specified widget. When another user opens the board with this link, he gets automatically redirected to the position of this widget on the board.

Is there a method for using this functionality via the miro SDK? 

I was looking into the viewport section of the documentation as it seemed like the most probable place to have this functionality, but didn’t find it there.

Is this a part of the SDK and if so could someone link me to the documentation?

icon

Best answer by Sami Ljimari 8 June 2021, 15:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Found the answer in a different part of the documentation: https://developers.miro.com/docs/web-plugins-features#control-the-visible-area-of-the-board#control-the-visible-area-of-the-board

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Sami Ljimari  

Note that that method in the SDK is ‘deprecated’ - 

Which is a bummer, because … its super useful!

It has seemed to me that the platform team wants us to use miro.board.viewport.set()  … but I honestly think the abstraction of passing in a widget id to “zoomToObject” or something similar is really helpful. 

Perhaps the SDK team will find your and my interest in this functionality valuable. 

@Farbod Saraf

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

@Sami Ljimari  

Note that that method in the SDK is ‘deprecated’ - 

Which is a bummer, because … its super useful!

It has seemed to me that the platform team wants us to use miro.board.viewport.set()  … but I honestly think the abstraction of passing in a widget id to “zoomToObject” or something similar is really helpful. 

Perhaps the SDK team will find your and my interest in this functionality valuable. 

@Farbod Saraf

I completely missed this reply, but I 100% agree with you, it is super useful for me too!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Max Harper, @Sami Ljimari,

With the feedback we have collected from the users, we have decided to not decommission the zoomToObject method. The warning message will be removed soon.

Thank you very much for raising this and explaining your use-cases.