Missing attributes using REST API (v1)

• 23 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

since around a week I face the issue that the ‘x’ and ‘y’ attributes are missing if using the Miro REST API (old version, call get_all_widgets https://api.miro.com/v1/boards/<board_id>/widgets/ and also the get_widget call f"{self.miro_url}/{self.board_id}/widgets/{widget_id}").

I see this issue for a rectangle (style/shapeType) shape (type).

This does not happen for all widgets… Some reactangle shape widgets have the x/y attributes, some not.

Re-creating the shape via the Miro-App brings x/y back. But randomly it disappears somehow somewhen again.

Do you face the same issue?

Is there any fix planned or workaound available?

Thanks for the support,

Sebastian

2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey Sebastian! Thanks for reporting this. I’m going to try to reproduce this on my end so that I can file an official bug.
Have you noticed anything else when those attributes go missing? Any pattern to when they do or don’t appear?

And to confirm -- the API call is successful, but those attributes are simply not included in the response? Or is the API call returning a response code other than 200?

Joanna

Badge +1

Hi Joanne,

yes, the response from the get calls is [200].

It could be that those widgets are affected which have been modified (patched / updated) by an REST API call before:

url = f"{self.miro_url}/{self.board_id}/widgets/{widget_id}"response = requests.request("PATCH", url, json=attributes, headers=self.headers)

with attributes == {'text': 'Done'}

Regards,

Sebastian