Answered

Miro board for database modeling

• 29 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Hello! My team uses miro board intensively for the different tasks and I have to say it’s awesome instrument! Some time ago we started using it for the database modeling. We use Shape widget to define tables and then we just put some text inside which describes columns of that table. The problem is that we would like to have a more strict tool for that than just shape widget. We’d like to have custom widget which might be a something like a table widget but just with three columns stands for column name, column type and description. Types of columns should be predefined and should be choose from dropdown list. Also it should be possible to connect tables using connection lines. 

Is something like this planning in the future?

If no, could you please give a clue on how to implement this widget/plugin? Is there any example on how to implement such a widgets? 

Many thanks in advanced!

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 29 January 2021, 15:36

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Oleksandr Stepanenko -

While you could create a template with a grid object with those three columns predefined, nothing prevents users from changing it once they add it to their boards. To create a true database table object would require development - not sure if this sort of extension can be done via the Miro API or not.

I’d suggest adding it as a wish list item following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron