insufficientPermissions: Create board API, Required scopes: boards:write

• 25 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I am integrating miro API to a third party App and I wanted to use create board and widget API, After using the OAuth to get token for authorization, and having set the required parameters as stated in the documentation, I kept getting “insufficient permission” response code. 

Below is the sample of response I got:

{
  "status" : 403,
  "code" : "insufficientPermissions",
  "message" : "Required scopes: boards:write",
  "type" : "error"
}

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @highbee

It seems that the developer app you use doesn’t have the “boards:write” scope enabled. You can see here how to enable specific scopes for your app.

Hi @highbee

It seems that the developer app you use doesn’t have the “boards:write” scope enabled. You can see here how to enable specific scopes for your app.

I have followed this documentation. Infact I deleted my account and register again with a fresh email. now I can’t find the create app button. Attached is screenshot of “Your Apps” menu

Than

Hi @highbee

I have read this and I have followed every instruction, I am using the rest API and not the SDK, meaning that’s optional and I don’t even get any URL at point of creation.