Importing AIrtable data to a Miro board

• 8 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I am trying to create a miro board where is specifies business units, teams within that business unit. I have the data in Airtable. To help with keeping it current, I was wondering if there is a way to import the data instead of manual update the miro board. I am also open to another  suggestion. 

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Robin Scott,

Thank you for the question! You can take to look at our integration with airtable and see if it works for your case. 

Thanks,

Elena.

Badge

Yes, you can import data from Airtable into Miro using third-party integration tools such as Zapier or Integromat. These tools allow you to create automated workflows that can pull data from Airtable and populate your Miro board.

Here's a general overview of the steps to create this workflow:

1. Set up a trigger in Zapier or Integromat to watch for new or updated records in Airtable.
  2. Create an action to add or update a card in Miro based on the data in the Airtable record.
  3. Map the fields from your Airtable record to the appropriate fields in your Miro card.
  4. Test your workflow to ensure that it is working as expected.

Alternatively, you can also consider embedding your Airtable data directly into your Miro board using the Airtable integration. It works the same as the LinkedIn sales navigator extension for chrome, if you are familiar with this tool. This allows you to view, edit, and update your Airtable data within Miro without having to switch between the two platforms.

To embed your Airtable data in Miro, you can follow these steps:

1. Open the board where you want to embed the Airtable data.
  2. Click on the "Embed" option in the toolbar.
  3. Select "Airtable" from the list of available integrations.
  4. Follow the prompts to authenticate your Airtable account and select the table or view that you want to embed.
  5. Customize the display settings for your embedded Airtable data, such as the layout and columns to display.
  6. Save your changes and your Airtable data should now be embedded in your Miro board.

I hope these suggestions help!

Badge +1

Fatim, thanks for this suggestion. I will give it a try