Answered

I can't share link of a board in Miro App

• 17 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Since one of my colleague suggested me to use Miro Mac OS app instead of opening them in Chrome, I’ve been opening all my boards in the app. But there is a major problem that I can not solve which makes me wanna go back using the browser version.

The problem is, when someone shares a board with the team and the board is not being owned by me or under same company miro account, I can not see the share button on the board. Normally when in browser, I just copy paste the URL and works fine if the board is public to link. But in the app, I can not reach the URL bar or see the share button. 

So when someone asks for a board link I have to open it from browser and copy paste the URL to that person which is a huge bummer.

Suggestion: Please add share button even though the board owner is not me but its a public board.

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 4 June 2021, 16:10

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Onat Vural 

Welcome to the Miro Online Community!

You can change the default browser on your mac

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201607

or

Uninstall the miro app and then Reinstall the Miro app again the mac

I have the exact problem as the OP. When I use a consultant’s miro board (he has a consultant plan) within the Miro App, I can’t find the board’s URL to share it. I have to open it in the browser to get the link to be able to share it to other co-worker. The other work around I found, is when the board it “Starred”, you can go in the Starred list and hit the three dot then have “Copy board link”. It is the only two work around? I mean, have the share button right in the board should be the way to go.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Onat Vural / @Janic Vachon - While in the board, you can use a keyboard shortcut to copy the board link to your clipboard:

Shortcut info taken from the Desktop App Help Center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017572854-Desktop-App

And from the dashboard, right-click on board or use the ellipsis menu:

And Starring the board is a great way to get back to boards that you can only access as a guest:

Thanks a lot for the shortcut and the explanation, exactly what I was looking for!