Skip to main content

HI! I was pasting a google doc once and accidentally didn't give permission or something. and now when I try to paste the doc I get this result. I've tried a lot of things, going through the settings, giving access, installing plugins. but nothing works. Can you please tell me how to fix this?  

@FrankieFX - I have been experiencing this issue for nearly a year myself. In the past, I was able to get past it by disconnecting/connecting my Google Drive and Google account from my Miro profile settings → Integrations  tab, that is no longer the case.

So, your post was the push I needed to open a support ticket (which I have now done). I will update this post as I hear back from the support team.

Note: The consistent workaround for getting a Google Doc/Sheet/etc. to show up as an embedded doc is to:

1. Upload → Google Drive
  2. And search for the doc by name:

It should also be noted that, after this initial connection is made, pasting the same doc link onto the board bypasses the error.

If you have a paid Miro subscription and wanted to open a support ticket, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

@Robert Johnson Thanks for your help! I have tried all this things an unfortunately it didn’t work(

When I do “ Upload → Google Drive” I receive this message: 

Hope support will help you and you will be back with solution)

Hi @FrankieFX,

Eca here from Miro team 🙂.

Thanks for bringing this up! While @Robert Johnson ‘s  workaround ~ “ disconnecting/connecting Google in Profile settings > Integration tab” helps fix the issue for some, I understand that this was not the case for you. 

Have you tried the steps below? If not, please do and share the results here:

1. Go to your Google account.
    Google_account.jpg
    Getting to Google account settings

2. Open the Security tab.security_tab.jpg
    Google account Security settings

3. Go to the Third-party apps with account access section and click Manage third-party access.third-party_apps.jpg
    The option to manage third-party access in Google settings

4. Find Miro on the list. Click Remove Access.

remove_Miro_access.jpg
The option to remove Miro access to Google

Having gone through the suggested steps, feel free to re-associate your Miro profile with your Google account.

Just a heads up that I did try the steps to delete the Miro connection from my Google account, and the initial dropping of a link onto a board prompted the Miro → Google Drive authorization, but all subsequent pasting of links returns the Unable to upload error. I sent this info back to support and am awaiting next steps.

Hi! @Eca Thanks for option but unfortunately it doens’t work(

@FrankieFX - We have an answer, and while it is not ideal, it still feels like good news as I believe the coming changes will stabilise the feature overall. For now, I will mark this post as answered.

From the support team:

At Miro, we are committed to providing the best possible experience, and we understand how frustrating it can be when things don't work as expected.

We are excited to announce that we are in the process of completely revamping our integration platform. Rather than just addressing the identified bugs in our current integrations, this overhaul aims to resolve the existing bugs and introduce more robust features that will significantly enhance your experience.

Our new integrations will be designed to be more reliable, user-friendly, and powerful, allowing you to seamlessly connect Miro with your other tools and workflows. We believe that this strategic shift will provide a much better long-term solution and greater value for our customers. We plan to gradually release the new integrations starting from Q4.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in the short term. Your feedback has been invaluable in guiding these improvements, and we are confident that the end result will exceed your expectations.